Why do I feel that my family hate me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I’m a nearly 19 yo with autism and my brother and sister also have autism.
My parents treat them like gold most of the time.
For example, when my sister was being bullied at school, she was pulled out and home educated and my brother joined them this year. I hated my school and asked to be home educated and was denied, as they where “worried about GCSEs”, but now my sister is going to be entered into at least 3.
Also my sister has a kidney disease, which will end up becoming life threatening, but can easily be cured by a transplant. But for now, we have to take care around her and treat her like gold and if she does anything that’s slightly bad, she gets away with it. I do something similar, and I get killed.

Sorry to go on a bit of a rant but I needed to tell someone and get this out of my system
bethanyfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your family appear to have a lot on and a lot of pressures from everywhere. In a way, although it isn't very fair, you could take it as a compliment that they believe you are quite self-sufficient and that you are able enough to be independent.
But I get that being left so much can have a negative impact. Are there any other relatives or pastoral support at school/college that can help you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.61%
I'm not sure (8)
2.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (106)
34.53%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.3%
I'm not a current university student (138)
44.95%

Watched Threads