Will I ever catch up in gcse French ?! Watch

science.nerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am currently in year 8 taking my options. In year seven I did 6 hours of Spanish a fortnight, now I do 3 hours of Spanish and 3 of French. My school is really trying to stop me from doing gcse french, they want me to carry on with Spanish, but I am really passionate about French. I will be really behind if I do, with people who have done it since year 7. My school say they will let me do French if I catch up for my end of year exams and get an exceptionally high grade. Is there any chance I can catch up in two months?! If so, how?! I also have to revise for all my other subject end of years. How can I ask my teachers for help?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
yeah you're in year 8, there's some people who pick up a gcse language later than that!
if you're really passionate about french that's already a good sign, ask your teachers for any vocab/grammar they've already covered and see if they can give you some extra materials to help you catch up
Zoe Lea
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You're in year 8, mate you have so much time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads