The Student Room Group

what are the following a levels like?

i'm still not sure which a levels to take, but i'm thinking of any 3/4 from the following: biology, maths, psychology, law and criminology (applied). i'm definitely taking psychology as i want a degree in forensic psychology in the future. also, my exam board is wjec. if you do any of these subjects (preferably wjec) please let me know how you're finding them! are they difficult, is there lots of work? anything will be helpful :smile:
Whichever career you choose, maths is always a good one to have. It makes you more well-rounded and gives you a lot of transferrable skills. Based on the fact that you want to do forensic psychology, in my opinion, either biology or law and criminology or both would be good, depending on which one you like. Word of warning though biology has A LOT of content which can be overwhelming, but obviously, if you enjoy it then there's no reason to not do it. Just depends on you. Hope this helps.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by susu6679
i'm still not sure which a levels to take, but i'm thinking of any 3/4 from the following: biology, maths, psychology, law and criminology (applied). i'm definitely taking psychology as i want a degree in forensic psychology in the future. also, my exam board is wjec. if you do any of these subjects (preferably wjec) please let me know how you're finding them! are they difficult, is there lots of work? anything will be helpful :smile:

Psychology is very interesting to read all the case studies and discuss them in class, but there is a lot to learn for the exams so you need a good memory. Biology is the most closely linked science to Psychology, so the two subjects tie up in that way. Maths is much harder at A level than GCSE so you should only take it if you can get a high grade - B or preferably even A
Reply 3
I do A Level Biology because I enjoyed science at GCSE but the biology content is HUUUGEEEE. I am struggling myself lol but if you can regurgitate information and have 'mark scheme' answers the go for it. The mark schemes are very harsh and specific.
Reply 4
Original post by AJ_02
I do A Level Biology because I enjoyed science at GCSE but the biology content is HUUUGEEEE. I am struggling myself lol but if you can regurgitate information and have 'mark scheme' answers the go for it. The mark schemes are very harsh and specific.

the damn mark scheme...

Quick Reply

Latest