guinea pig has cancer and being put down tomorrow

Watch
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm so upset, Ive had him for 4 years. out of nowhere he stopped eating and moving a few days ago so we took him to the vet and it turns out he had a giant tumor below his lungs and I have to put him down tomorrow. I can't cope, my friends are just like awh bless literally that's all they can say. I hate everything. I keep crying a little bit at random times thinking about him instead of just bawling at one time. I'm so sad. we syringe fed him.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am so sorry about this :hugs: :cry2:
its so hard, have been there. Have had a lot of guineas and one of mine had persistent tumours and died because of one of her liver, have had others have to be put down and it's so heartbreaking
am here if you need to talk :hugs:
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Am so sorry about this :hugs: :cry2:
its so hard, have been there. Have had a lot of guineas and one of mine had persistent tumours and died because of one of her liver, have had others have to be put down and it's so heartbreaking
am here if you need to talk :hugs:
Thankyou and I'm sorry about yours 💛
aarondempsey24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
I'm so upset, Ive had him for 4 years. out of nowhere he stopped eating and moving a few days ago so we took him to the vet and it turns out he had a giant tumor below his lungs and I have to put him down tomorrow. I can't cope, my friends are just like awh bless literally that's all they can say. I hate everything. I keep crying a little bit at random times thinking about him instead of just bawling at one time. I'm so sad. we syringe fed him.

F.
Thehorsegal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m so sorry- I lost my little piggie due to cancer too, she was 6 and a half years old, so I know how you feel. It can be very hard for friends to understand if they have never experienced the loss of a beloved pet, but I promise the pain will get better. It had been about 6 months and I still miss her- but when I think about her now, I smile remembering the funny and wonderful memories I have with her. Her sister is still with us and she gets so many cuddles every day. Guineas really do bury themselves into your heart and their little faces are just too sweet to comprehend. I love you, my cheeky Flossie
Name:  176F648D-ACD1-49AF-8DA7-EA006C5C08CD.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  91.3 KB
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thehorsegal)
I’m so sorry- I lost my little piggie due to cancer too, she was 6 and a half years old, so I know how you feel. It can be very hard for friends to understand if they have never experienced the loss of a beloved pet, but I promise the pain will get better. It had been about 6 months and I still miss her- but when I think about her now, I smile remembering the funny and wonderful memories I have with her. Her sister is still with us and she gets so many cuddles every day. Guineas really do bury themselves into your heart and their little faces are just too sweet to comprehend. I love you, my cheeky Flossie
Name:  176F648D-ACD1-49AF-8DA7-EA006C5C08CD.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  91.3 KB
sorry for your loss, how do you cope? this is joey
Name:  IMG_20190301_112839-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  43.4 KB
Thehorsegal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
sorry for your loss, how do you cope? this is joey
Name:  IMG_20190301_112839-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  43.4 KB
Awww he’s beautiful. I don’t think there’s any one particular way to cope but I found being around family/friends, just talking, going outdoors, doing things you enjoy definitely does help
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw both your piggies look lovely :love:
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw so sorry for your loss and it can be very hard to cope I hope things get better for you he looks so cute r.i.p
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Very sorry for your loss.
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?

We decided to put him on painkillers instead and keep him a little longer, he survived a day and died on Saturday, I wasnt even there and I hate that.
username4477194
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We decided to put him on painkillers instead and keep him a little longer, he survived a day and died on Saturday, I wasnt even there and I hate that.
Aw I'm sorry for your loss He's in a better place now and I'm sorry that you wasn't there before he passed away also he's watching over you
Last edited by username4477194; 2 years ago
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that, my thoughts go out to you
coochie catcher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so upset, I've had him for 4 years. out of nowhere he stopped eating and moving a few days ago so we took him to the vet and it turns out he had a giant tumor below his lungs and I have to put him down tomorrow. I can't cope, my friends are just like awh bless literally that's all they can say. I hate everything. I keep crying a little bit at random times thinking about him instead of just bawling at one time. I'm so sad. we syringe fed him.

yea people think you can't get attached to pets like this because their not dogs or cats but that not the case maybe make a good grave or memorial for all the good times think positive about him and why he was such a great pet sorry for ur loss
redorde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You must be very attached. The best thing is to gently let him go and not let him suffer anymore. But take your time to grieve obviously, just like if it were a cat or dog. Don't let anyone try and minimise it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
44%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.33%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (35)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.87%

Watched Threads