The Student Room Group

Switching uni after foundation year

So when I did my A levels I got DDE+D in EPQ. I got onto a foundation course at Uclan, which was my last choice, studying Asia Pacific Studies with Japanese. My first choice was the same course but at Leeds, however I got far below the grade requirement (which would've been BBC with access to Leeds). I was wondering if once I've finished my foundation I'd have any chance of being able to switch? For all but one of my assessments I've gotten either a first or a 2:1 (the only other being one I got 40% on for late submission, but would've been a first). Will they focus entirely on my A Levels? Or will they take my foundation year grades into consideration? I also had a significantly lowered offer for this university (by around 20 ucas points) for having a good personal statement.
You need to talk to Leeds to ask if they’re still accepting applications for your course. If they are then you need to apply through ucas with your foundation year listed in your education section, an updated PS and a reference (ideally from one of your current tutors).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending