erhodes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, So I've received offers from both universities for History and IR, Kings is A*AA whilst LSE is AAA - I'm predicted 3 A*s (History, Geo, Eng Lit) so grade requirements aren't too much of a deciding factor.Leaning towards firming KCL and having LSE as insurance, but wanted people's opinions on which they would personally choose and why - just want to make sure I consider everything.Main attraction to KCL for me is I think the modules are slightly more interesting, plus studying abroad at Singapore NU sounds amazing and I think attempting to qualify for that would really motivate me to work hard in my first year. Also from what I've read online it seems the pressure and workload in LSE is extreme - as in, exceptionally so.I want to potentially go into diplomacy (likely try the Foreign Office) or maybe security, so I want to get as much experience living/working/studying abroad as possible, which is what makes the KCL study abroad so attractive - just a bit of context about me Any opinions or anything would be really helpful!(Also sorry if this is in the wrong section! Wasn't sure which to select)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by erhodes)
Hi, So I've received offers from both universities for History and IR, Kings is A*AA whilst LSE is AAA - I'm predicted 3 A*s (History, Geo, Eng Lit) so grade requirements aren't too much of a deciding factor.Leaning towards firming KCL and having LSE as insurance, but wanted people's opinions on which they would personally choose and why - just want to make sure I consider everything.Main attraction to KCL for me is I think the modules are slightly more interesting, plus studying abroad at Singapore NU sounds amazing and I think attempting to qualify for that would really motivate me to work hard in my first year. Also from what I've read online it seems the pressure and workload in LSE is extreme - as in, exceptionally so.I want to potentially go into diplomacy (likely try the Foreign Office) or maybe security, so I want to get as much experience living/working/studying abroad as possible, which is what makes the KCL study abroad so attractive - just a bit of context about me Any opinions or anything would be really helpful!(Also sorry if this is in the wrong section! Wasn't sure which to select)
From what you've said firming kings and insuring LSE would be a good fit for you
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by erhodes)
LSE is a crap uni for undergrad experience but KCL isn't enough better to reject it for, so i'd say LSE for the opportunities, which you will need to think carefully about with a History degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (126)
59.15%
No (46)
21.6%
Not sure (41)
19.25%

Watched Threads