Writing Watch

Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Any writers on TSR?

I write a lot in my free time and have recently started submitting Articles & Creative Writing Pieces to magazines. I've gotten more into it since I started writing regularly for my blog and writing for other websites (mainly about medicine applications/advice for medical students etc).

I'm subscribed to both The Writers Magazine & The Writing Magazine, both of which I've found very inspirational. They've introduced me to a lot of different genres and styles of magazines which I now read & submit to. I also find their articles about the writing process itself helpful.

I try to write for at least an hour everyday before I go to work. So far, I've been writing about topics in:

- Healthcare, both non-fiction and CW from the perspective of the clinician and the patient. Most of the CW comes from thoughts that I can't get out of my mind when I'm at work.

- Mental Health, again including CW (this seems to be a very popular area to write about at the moment) but also non-fiction in broader areas such as crime, mental health & responsibility, perspectives on pain etc.

- Personal CW. Again, things that I can't get off my mind. Sometimes it'll be something I've noticed or that bothers me, other times it can be comments that patients make at work which make me think about society in general.

At the moment I'm mainly writing pieces for my blog and trying to submit to magazines to get going.

Would love to hear from other writers - what inspires you? What type of things do you write about? Do you write as a career? What do you find helpful when you're stuck?
Last edited by Angury; 2 weeks ago
Diamond22
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I love writing and try and do it as much as I can - schoolwork usually stops me though
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Diamond22)
I love writing and try and do it as much as I can - schoolwork usually stops me though
What sort of things do you write about?
Diamond22
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Angury)
What sort of things do you write about?
Usually it starts with something that’s happened or a particular person (either fictional or real) and go from there.

It’s always fiction - I’ve never tried non fiction
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.26%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.07%
How can I be the best version of myself? (161)
30.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed