The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: France in Revolution, 1774–1815, 7042/2H - 5 June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The source could have been better but also could have been much worse. The first source i didn't like, the second was decent and the third I think I misread a point. In section B i chose 2 and 3, they were decent.
Original post by Nireland2019
What did everyone think?
The only thing that worries me is the first source question that I answered which was about the "constitutional reforms 1789-91", do you think by constitutional they mean specifically relating to the constitution I.e. deceleration of the rights of man etc. rather than just any reforms during that period such as August decrees, civil constitution of the clergy etc. becasue I wrote about the latter but don't know whether they were getting at something by writing constitutional reforms, but seems like too much of a narrow focus
Original post by gt25
The source could have been better but also could have been much worse. The first source i didn't like, the second was decent and the third I think I misread a point. In section B i chose 2 and 3, they were decent.
I wrote about all the reforms that happened under the Constitution so mentioned August Decrees, Declaration of Rights of Man and the Civil Constitution of the Clergy.
Original post by tomatkinson183
The only thing that worries me is the first source question that I answered which was about the "constitutional reforms 1789-91", do you think by constitutional they mean specifically relating to the constitution I.e. deceleration of the rights of man etc. rather than just any reforms during that period such as August decrees, civil constitution of the clergy etc. becasue I wrote about the latter but don't know whether they were getting at something by writing constitutional reforms, but seems like too much of a narrow focus
Ngl all the questions were good. Wayyy better than British Empire but those questions were another level. Q4 (Napoleon) was the easiest but I didn’t do it. I knew what to talk about but honestly I barely revised AS so I didn’t have enough detail or specific facts to talk about.
Napoleon was second year wasn't it?
Original post by AadilAhmed
Ngl all the questions were good. Wayyy better than British Empire but those questions were another level. Q4 (Napoleon) was the easiest but I didn’t do it. I knew what to talk about but honestly I barely revised AS so I didn’t have enough detail or specific facts to talk about.
Reply 25
Omfg you predicted everything that came up. Life Saver.
Original post by stef12345
Seeing as last year the paper was focused on:
-> sources: Sans culottes
-> essays: the causes of France's issues by 1789, Napoleon's contribution towards France by 1806 and the directory

I'm guessing this year it could be on:
- Napoleon as a military genius or even the downfall of Napoleon
- The terror maybe
- anything between the assembly of notables and Louis' execution (i,e a focus on the constitutional monarchy experiment )
- Coup of Brumaire or the peninsular war / continental blockade as sources maybe?
Reply 26
I split it into 3 factors of reforms under the constitution so legal, social/religious and political then assessed if they brought equality or not so we should be fine x
Original post by lturbott
I wrote about all the reforms that happened under the Constitution so mentioned August Decrees, Declaration of Rights of Man and the Civil Constitution of the Clergy.
Reply 27
I was so happy it was Madame de Stael writing in 1817 honestly haha. I wrote so much on how the provenance could be tainted as he got prefects to monitor her movements and he banished her 67km from Paris and so it would be relatively against napoleon due to her dislike.
Original post by gt25

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending