?
Report 1 year ago
Need to work more on pre-1900s.
eyeyeyey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How many others are doing this course as it seems like very few.? Also, has anyone heard of any predictions for the paper?
eyeyeyey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It seems that they reference some dates before the period before the start of the course (1890), but there are a few key dates such as the 1870 Franco-Prussian War and the 1878 Russo-Turkish war which are heavily linked to later parts studied - the origins of war from Revanchism and the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire. Also, it is important to remember that some states had become independent before such as Greece in 1821. Other than that, it is mostly the formation of Dual Alliance (1879) and Triple Alliance (1882), as well as the Franco-Russian Alliance in 1894. One key event is the Fashoda incident (1882).

These are just the dates I think have the greatest significance in regards to IR, although a few more are mentioned in the textbook.
(Hope this helps for a starting point!)
(Original post by blurryyface)
Need to work more on pre-1900s.
username2851718
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're an angel! Thank you so much, that did help a lot x
(Original post by eyeyeyey)
It seems that they reference some dates before the period before the start of the course (1890), but there are a few key dates such as the 1870 Franco-Prussian War and the 1878 Russo-Turkish war which are heavily linked to later parts studied - the origins of war from Revanchism and the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire. Also, it is important to remember that some states had become independent before such as Greece in 1821. Other than that, it is mostly the formation of Dual Alliance (1879) and Triple Alliance (1882), as well as the Franco-Russian Alliance in 1894. One key event is the Fashoda incident (1882).

These are just the dates I think have the greatest significance in regards to IR, although a few more are mentioned in the textbook.
(Hope this helps for a starting point!)
username2851718
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone have any predictions for this paper? My teacher reckons Ottoman EMpire (the decline of it) might come up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads