destinyemakpor1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi all,

I am on a gap year & so I have already received my A level results and the offers that I get are pretty much unconditional.

I have offers from:

UCL, BSMS & I'm awaiting Leeds

Out of these three, which would you choose?

Bearing in mind that I'm from up north, I will find both UCL & BSMS very expensive
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by destinyemakpor1)
Hi all,

I am on a gap year & so I have already received my A level results and the offers that I get are pretty much unconditional.

I have offers from:

UCL, BSMS & I'm awaiting Leeds

Out of these three, which would you choose?

Bearing in mind that I'm from up north, I will find both UCL & BSMS very expensive
You may have answered your own question.

There's no prestige or advantage in having a Medicine degree from one Uni versus another Uni as they are all taught to the same GMC standard. When you apply for your post graduate training as a doctor your ranking at Leeds will be treated the same as an equal ranking at Oxbridge.

Most people make their choice based on personal preference eg: course structure, overall feel from Open Days, geographic location etc.

Of course, you still need your offer for Leeds yet.
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
impossibly expensive down south - though London is a world city rather than a UK city , I've never heard of Bournemouth : )

fun fact, not a lot of people know this, but John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was a prof of english at Leeds University, before he wrote a few books..
When you come up Blenheim Terrace from Leeds Centre, and you can see the White Tower of the Parkinson Building straight ahead,
just on your left is the Black Tower of the churchleeds.com old church, and there is speculation that the juxtaposition of these Two Towers got him thinking, and allegedly he did a lot of hiking in the Dales at the weekend, up in the 'Shire, as it might be said.

just get stuck in at the LGI, th'all be reet
destinyemakpor1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Very very true, thanks for putting that into perspective

(Original post by meddad)
You may have answered your own question.

There's no prestige or advantage in having a Medicine degree from one Uni versus another Uni as they are all taught to the same GMC standard. When you apply for your post graduate training as a doctor your ranking at Leeds will be treated the same as an equal ranking at Oxbridge.

Most people make their choice based on personal preference eg: course structure, overall feel from Open Days, geographic location etc.

Of course, you still need your offer for Leeds yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?