Personal injury claim help Watch

tomgardner2709
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was in an incident a couple years back where an unknown driver started following me and my friends from a day out (i was a passenger in the car). They came behind us dangerously which already scared us as we continued they started flashing their lights and flagging us too pull over. Being on country roads we decided not too pull over as we were already startled/ scared. After a few mile they started to nudge our bumper so we phoned the police on doing so we continued to drive when that nudge turned into ramming/ trying to t bone us and flip our car. Luckily they lost control of their vehicle and ended up going threw a bush and getting apprehended by police. Earlier this year the court process was complete and he was found guilty of dangerous driving and sent to prison.This left me shaken with major mental health symptoms and real bad whiplash still to this day.I have been diagnosed with ptsd, depression and still have whiplash. I now have cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy) and going threw physio. It is coming up 3 years now and things only seem to be getting worse.That being the back story i have a few questions:I am having to go threw MIB (motor insurance Bureau) They sent an investigator around to interview/ get a witness statement from me now i am waiting to find out if they are going to proceed to get medical evidence. What is they likely-hood they will proceed?Also, Being as though he has gone to court and been found guilty and jailed does this mean he will have to take liability automatically?Does anyone who of an estimated settlement i may receive if successful? (I only this ask due too the debt that has piled up threw not being able work for more than a few weeks before getting sacked- Which is always down to my Ptsd symptoms)Any help will be greatly appreciated.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not a legal mind but i've made a whippy claim before.

I have a hunch 3 years afterwards is getting close to the deadline for starting a claim so have a look at that. The main hassle with my claim wasn't so much quibbling over liability (I was a passenger) it was justifying the extent of the injury as whiplash is a controversial one, I apparently did the right things by going straight to to A&E and my own GP, where both could confidently confirm injury before the swelling went down (I later went on to see an independent doc for the claim with no issues). The insurer lowballed me with £800 a few times and messed me about for 4 odd months before offering 2.5, but even then i still had to threatened court to get then to actually cough the money up.

Both parties in my case were insured though which ibv changes things, I get the idea of MIB but never dealt with them. if i was playing MIB devils advocate i'd be likely asking why you are making the claim this late and how you can prove the injuries are related given the gap of time.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomgardner2709)
I was in an incident a couple years back where an unknown driver started following me and my friends from a day out (i was a passenger in the car). They came behind us dangerously which already scared us as we continued they started flashing their lights and flagging us too pull over. Being on country roads we decided not too pull over as we were already startled/ scared. After a few mile they started to nudge our bumper so we phoned the police on doing so we continued to drive when that nudge turned into ramming/ trying to t bone us and flip our car. Luckily they lost control of their vehicle and ended up going threw a bush and getting apprehended by police. Earlier this year the court process was complete and he was found guilty of dangerous driving and sent to prison.This left me shaken with major mental health symptoms and real bad whiplash still to this day.I have been diagnosed with ptsd, depression and still have whiplash. I now have cbt (cognitive behavioral therapy) and going threw physio. It is coming up 3 years now and things only seem to be getting worse.That being the back story i have a few questions:I am having to go threw MIB (motor insurance Bureau) They sent an investigator around to interview/ get a witness statement from me now i am waiting to find out if they are going to proceed to get medical evidence. What is they likely-hood they will proceed?Also, Being as though he has gone to court and been found guilty and jailed does this mean he will have to take liability automatically?Does anyone who of an estimated settlement i may receive if successful? (I only this ask due too the debt that has piled up threw not being able work for more than a few weeks before getting sacked- Which is always down to my Ptsd symptoms)Any help will be greatly appreciated.
What's the name of the guilty driver?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tomgardner2709
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I originally put my claim in last year and solicitors spent the last year waiting for a police report to then find out he was uninsured.

I would rather not give out names as it may go against me.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomgardner2709)
I originally put my claim in last year and solicitors spent the last year waiting for a police report to then find out he was uninsured.

I would rather not give out names as it may go against me.
But he's been found guilty in a court of law. It's a matter of public record.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads