?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Importance of biochemistry in medicine
NestleMarshall
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biochemistry is the science concerned with the chemical basis of life. It deals with the structure, properties and chemical reactions of biomolecules that are present in a living system.

Living systems are composed of various biomolecules like carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, vitamins, minerals, water and nucleic acid etc. Life depends on the interaction of various biomolecules and biochemical reactions. Any abnormalities in these process may lead to disease.

Medicine is the science or practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. And for a treatment of any medical condition or diseases, one must understand the reason behind this condition.

knowledge of chemical nature and reactions of biomolecules (biochemistry) is essential to understand health and diseases. It can be said that all diseases have a biochemical basis. In medicine, it is needed to understand the basis of these diseases in order to diagnose and treat.
Nraza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what an awesome response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads