michaelk99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in the second semester of my second year i have passed the first semester averaging a 2:1 and i am currently doing 3 more modules to complete the second year. One of the modules i am doing is made up of two assignments, a spreadsheet and a report. I am going to fail the spresdsheet coursework and it says on the module guide students will be referred/defered with a hand in date july 5th. I am going to fail the module despite what mark i get in the report coursework as my grade for the spreadsheet coursework will be so low even if i pass the report i will get an overall fail for the module. So If i pass the report assignment anyway and fail the module will i have to resit both assignments or just the one i have failed?
Human_bean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will only have to resist the component that you failed in July
AlexS101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the university and quite possibly the department. I believe the policy in my department is that a new assessment will be sat for the whole of the module although this is often of a different form than the original assessment (usually a resit examination in August) and marks are capped at 40.
michaelk99
Rep:
?
Thank you mate.
(Original post by Human_bean)
You will only have to resist the component that you failed in July
michaelk99
Rep:
?
This is from my module guide

"Referral / deferralStudents who are referred (or deferred) in the module will be re-assessed in the relevant component(s) with details posted on Canvas at the appropriate time.AS1: Technology will be similar, but not necessarily identical to the original, with submission for 5th July 2019.AS2: Report will be similar, but not necessarily identical to the original, with submission for 5th July 2019."
Surely that means it will only be the assignment i fail that ill have to resit?
(Original post by AlexS101)
It depends on the university and quite possibly the department. I believe the policy in my department is that a new assessment will be sat for the whole of the module although this is often of a different form than the original assessment (usually a resit examination in August) and marks are capped at 40.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (25)
18.12%
I'm not sure (3)
2.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (46)
33.33%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.17%
I'm not a current university student (61)
44.2%

Watched Threads