Thinking of buying an Audi TT Watch

SeanLaurentParis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm looking at changing my car, I'm working as an apprentice electrician.

I'm thinking of getting an Audi TT, I'll probably get screwed on insurance but it'd be bad anyway.
They'd cost around €5000-€6000 for a 2008 or newer.
€280 for road tax.
1.6 Petrol.

I just have a small tool box, so no need for a van or anything like that, it's only ever me driving and I drive 2hrs+ a day..

I'd probably get a small part loan (so I can buy the car and then sell my own one (which I need for work)..
I've no other costs and I use my car a lot so I think it'd be worth putting a little extra into it.
What do ya think?
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SeanLaurentParis)

I'm thinking of getting an Audi TT, I'll probably get screwed on insurance but it'd be bad anyway.
They'd cost around €5000-€6000 for a 2008 or newer.
€280 for road tax.
1.6 Petrol.

I just have a small tool box, so no need for a van or anything like that, it's only ever me driving and I drive 2hrs+ a day..

I'd probably get a small part loan (so I can buy the car and then sell my own one (which I need for work)..
I've no other costs and I use my car a lot so I think it'd be worth putting a little extra into it.
What do ya think?
Get a better car for the price. Also worth investing in a diesel if you're doing long journeys.
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SeanLaurentParis)

I'm thinking of getting an Audi TT
Are you sure you're not working as a hairdresser?
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you're going to get a TT then at least get a good one. At least medium trim engine and ideally 4motion/AWD otherwise what's the point. They're hilariously impractical (although slightly more so with a rear seat delete - not that you can sit people in the back really anyway).

If you're driving 2 hours a day you'd be better off getting a nice diesel with some nice boaty handling for good cruising.

If you're insisting on getting one then they're not terrible vehicles - just your standard VAG affair. Nice to sit in, nice to drive, be prepared for some niggly problems.

If you're interested then check out Sarah-N-Tuned on Youtube and her project Teeter Tot Audi TT. It's not had as thorough a rebuild as her MR2 but she's done a lot of work to it. Spent tons of time tracking down silly little electrical issues. It was a heap when she bought it though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads