The Student Room Group

I get anxious when she doesn’t text back

I feeling like a needy idiot, and I hate it.

I never used to be into the texting thing, until I met my girlfriend. She would message me all the time, still does to an extent.

Most of the time she was being the proactive one in messaging first, and sending random messages like ‘good night x’. I always respond.

I felt bad that she would always initiate, and didn’t want her to think anything of me not initiating, so started to text her more, and send her random good night messages. The thing is, she doesn’t always respond. It’s happened three times now - I said good night, the message delivered, but she hadn’t ‘read it’ (but we all know it’s showing clear as day on her phone).

The first time I said goodnight without her responding, she was on and offline for a good few hours and had read my message - I know this because the first time I couldn’t sleep I was so bothered. It wasn’t until the morning she gave some lame apology.

Im not into texting games, and I’m very siren she isn’t either, so I don’t know what it’s all about. Should I stop texting her good night - the thing is she still does it to me on other nights.
Reply 1
I also some days I’ll give it a rest, I’ll set out to not text her that day, to show I’m not being needy, but then I’ll get a random flurry of messages from her, or vague questions like “how was your day?”. And it annoyes me because then I feel I ought to reply, then she doesn’t respond immediately, despite being the one that sent the message.
Reply 2
Have you tried phoning her, to hear her voice and have a chat?
It shouldn't be an issue, really.

What you could do, is write her an email / handwritten letter to show how much she means to you.
Girls will typically treasure those memories.
Reply 3
Original post by Adz2042
Have you tried phoning her, to hear her voice and have a chat?
It shouldn't be an issue, really.

What you could do, is write her an email / handwritten letter to show how much she means to you.
Girls will typically treasure those memories.

Yeah I sent her a letter a few weeks ago, and we’ve chatted on the phone 3 times (only started doing that recently) and she isn’t in a rush to get off the phone. 1st time we chatted 30 mins and over an hour the other two.
Reply 4
that's good. I wouldn't worry about her not responding straight away. Maybe she's driving, caught in work, seeing friends and doing the odd check-up on notifications, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending