The Student Room Group

I feel like I NEED to lose my virginity

Any advice is completely welcome! I’m in my last few months of secondary school and recently all my friends have been talking about how they have lost their virginity’s. I can’t help but envy them! It sounds so crazy that I feel this way, but I can imagine being the last one left! The thought of going to sixth form, potentially meeting someone to then tell them it’s my first time makes me feel so sick. I just feel so much pressure however I feel like I do want to do it. Any suggestions how to stop feeling this way or what to do? Thank you in advance!
i am going to assume you are a guy? correct me if im wrong. anyway, dont do anything you dont want to. you're in your last year so you are 15/16, there is absolutely no point rushing it. focus on your exams 🙄🙄 never understood why people boast about losing their virginity at that age
its fine to be a virgin at 16/17/18.. in fact, by the time you and all your friends get to my age, its much more likely that most of those who lost it so early, will end up regretting it and wishing they had waited a bit longer. wait until your first propper girlfriend/boyfriend, and wait until your relationship is 6 months + in, and then if you both feel ready, go for it.

(bonus if your a girl.. most guys, even if they won't admit it because they don't want to seem insecure, actually like girls who have had less sexual partners, so not loosing your virginity so quickly, and afterwards not sleeping with a huge number of guys, will help you find a decent guy to be your husband as you get older)
Original post by Anonymous
Any advice is completely welcome! I’m in my last few months of secondary school and recently all my friends have been talking about how they have lost their virginity’s. I can’t help but envy them! It sounds so crazy that I feel this way, but I can imagine being the last one left! The thought of going to sixth form, potentially meeting someone to then tell them it’s my first time makes me feel so sick. I just feel so much pressure however I feel like I do want to do it. Any suggestions how to stop feeling this way or what to do? Thank you in advance!

Most people lose their virginity around say 15-17 so you aren’t exactly late and people lie as well.

At the end of the day your sex life is your own business it’s really not a big deal
(edited 5 years ago)

I just graduated uni last year and from my experiences, I'm BEGGING you not to rush. Almost all my friends regret their first time because they didn't pick the right person. If you're a guy, I wanna remind you that sex isn't just physical although that's how a lot of people make it sound. It can really affect you psychologically. I have a male friend who sometimes has casual sex and every time he does, he struggles to push away that psychological urge and vulnerability. I have another one who used to sleep around a lot and he's always searching for something more because it's never really fulfilling. Physically I guess it's good but that's never really enough for "great" sex. I know a grown man in his 60s who regrets not realizing how sex affected him psychologically when he was young. Personally, I like guys who haven't had a lot of partners. It makes me think they're more likely to have safe sex and actually care about me when we take that step.

If you're a girl... I really want to caution you. Lots of people try to take advantage of girls especially when you're young and might be a virgin. People WILL try to manipulate you. Just understand the risks... I have a friend who recently got pregnant even though she used birth control. Don't take that risk for someone you don't love and who doesn't love you back. You don't wanna just "lose your virginity." You want a night that you look back on and smile because it was great and real.
(edited 5 years ago)
If this makes you feel better... I have been in a relationship with the same guy for over 7 years since my first year of uni and we live just a few streets away from each other. He's my first love. But I still retain my virginity, and we have never once kissed... Waiting till our wedding day next year itself. Everyone has their own different opinions and I personally find it worthwhile to reserve such special moment for the most special person only after we become husband and wife. So, don't feel pressured to do it. You don't want to regret.
Reply 6
You’re 15/16 - chill out.

The majority of people won’t have had sex at your age and I guarantee that most people in your sixth form will be virgins as well.

Later in life you can worry about these things but if you wait, it’ll happen. You’ve got so much time though that it’s not worth worrying about.

You will regret it if you are not ready! Lots of people are still virgins at your age so you are not the minority. Take me for example, I am approaching 22 and is still a virgin. Just finding the right partner to come along.
You will regret it if you are not ready! Lots of people are still virgins at your age so you are not the minority. Take me for example, I am approaching 22 and is still a virgin. Just finding the right partner to come along.

Totally agree. I'm also approaching 22 and I'm still a virgin. There were guys I was into who wanted to have sex but I didn't feel like rushing. It turned out to be a good decision because they weren't right for me.
you don’t NEED to do anything.
Reply 10
If this makes you feel better... I have been in a relationship with the same guy for over 7 years since my first year of uni and we live just a few streets away from each other. He's my first love. But I still retain my virginity, and we have never once kissed... Waiting till our wedding day next year itself. Everyone has their own different opinions and I personally find it worthwhile to reserve such special moment for the most special person only after we become husband and wife. So, don't feel pressured to do it. You don't want to regret.

Remarkable if true!
It is true. He's 31 and I'm 26, but because both of us have been busy with work, and me trying to get into medical school (finally got an offer, yay!), we haven't been able to get married earlier. We do hug (few seconds) and hold hands. Or a peck from him on my forehead. And that itself, to me, is more meaningful and sweet than 'sleeping together' or kissing with the lips. I've never personally kissed him (maybe it's just me being really really shy with physical intimacy haha, probably from my strict upbringing and being a studious nerd). I'm glad he has never complained about my shyness when it comes to physical touches/intimacy. He said he wants to honour and protect me in that way, if it makes me feel loved and protected and respected.
Original post by mgi
Remarkable if true!
Reply 12
It is true. He's 31 and I'm 26, but because both of us have been busy with work, and me trying to get into medical school (finally got an offer, yay!), we haven't been able to get married earlier. We do hug (few seconds) and hold hands. Or a peck from him on my forehead. And that itself, to me, is more meaningful and sweet than 'sleeping together' or kissing with the lips. I've never personally kissed him (maybe it's just me being really really shy with physical intimacy haha, probably from my strict upbringing and being a studious nerd). I'm glad he has never complained about my shyness when it comes to physical touches/intimacy. He said he wants to honour and protect me in that way, if it makes me feel loved and protected and respected.

Sounds great but do you think it would be good to kiss his forehead as well? Does he tell you he feels loved, wanted and respected by you? Would you tell him that you really are looking forward to tearing his clothes off one day after you get married ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending