Feminist hypocrisy in a nutshell Watch

Justvisited
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
See this piece on the Trudeau scandal:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...andal-canadian

If any man calls a woman "undeniably gorgeous", we all know who instantly pounce on him like a rugby scrum with the cries of "sexism". But apparently it's fine for it to go the other way, and this is just the latest of a long string of examples.

When Charlotte Proudman sounded off about a man complimenting her on her professionally produced photo (not her looks, but seems she couldn't tell the difference), someone quickly pointed out that she herself indulged in genuine "objectivising" on Facebook. Her defence was that she knew the man in question.

No such figleaf this time.
Last edited by Justvisited; 2 weeks ago
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justvisited)

If any man calls a woman "undeniably gorgeous", we all know who instantly pounce on him like a rugby scrum with the cries of "sexism". But apparently it's fine for it to go the other way, and this is just the latest of a long string of examples.

When Charlotte Proud sounded off about a man complimenting her on her professionally produced photo (not her looks, but seems she couldn't tell the difference), someone quickly pointed out that she herself indulged in genuine "objectivising" on Facebook. Her defence was that she knew the man in question.

Hang on... so you have nothing to say about the remaining contents of this article or even the scandal itself and only the words "undeniably gorgeous" in the second line?

If you want to claim hypocrisy then please present evidence that the writer of this, Leah McLaren, has herself condemned men for calling women "undeniably gorgeous", or something similar, as she has done with Trudeau. What you might find is that feminists aren't in some hive mind and what one feminist thinks isn't the same as what other feminists think.

Personally I don't care that she's described him like that.
Violet Femme
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justvisited)

When Charlotte Proud sounded off about a man complimenting her on her professionally produced photo (not her looks, but seems she couldn't tell the difference), someone quickly pointed out that she herself indulged in genuine "objectivising" on Facebook. Her defence was that she knew the man in question.

Firstly, you've completely missed the tone of the sentence.

Secondly, a man can compliment a woman on her looks without being accused of sexism.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Secondly, a man can compliment a woman on her looks without being accused of sexism.
R-r-really?
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
R-r-really?
Ah yes, the really scary new world where every man has it so bad, these evil "feminists".
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Firstly, you've completely missed the tone of the sentence.

(1) No "tone of sentence" will save a man from being damned for a single word deemed "sexist"

(2) Did you not follow the Proudman story?
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  lime-cat.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  16.7 KB
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Justvisited

Do you have any reason to believe that the author of this article is being a hypocrite?
putup
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Here is some hypocrisy for you:

Man sleeps around he is respected, woman sleeps around she is labelled a s lut/whore/skank/****/judged negatively etc.
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by putup)
Here is some hypocrisy for you:

Man sleeps around he is respected, woman sleeps around she is labelled a s lut/whore/skank/****/judged negatively etc.
Men who sleep around aren't respected. Nobody respectful, respects men that sleep around. No woman wants to associate with one. No woman wants to marry one. If they were respected women would want them and they don't. They are shunned and excluded by women and men in society particularly by more traditional/religious groups. Here's a few labels associated with men that sleep around:

1. Thirsty
2. Pervert
3. Creep

All of these labels are strictly are reserved for men that are hyper sexual. Men who sleep around are judged critically for sleeping around as well.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 2 weeks ago
todorokishouto
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by .Iqra.)
Name:  lime-cat.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  16.7 KB
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads