PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Norway wealth fund shrugs off Brexit

Brilliant news for BrExit !

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-no...-idUKKCN1QG1RO

"Norway’s $1 trillion (£753 billion) sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, said on Wednesday it planned to keep increasing its investments in Britain, and it shrugged off uncertainties about Brexit.

"The fund, built from Norway’s oil and gas revenues and one of the biggest investors in Britain, said 8.5 percent of its portfolio was in British equities, bonds and real estate at the end of 2018. "

"“We see no operational consequences of any possible outcomes,” he said. He said that the fund had almost 250 staff in London and would stay at that level regardless of the outcome of the Brexit talks. "
HighOnGoofballs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"It planned to keep increasing..."

So it was going to do it regardless of whether we left or stayed.

Meaning, your "brilliant news for BrExit" has got literally nothing to do with Brexit, and it certainly not caused by Brexit.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Norway wealth fund shrugs off Brexit

Brilliant news for BrExit !

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-no...-idUKKCN1QG1RO

"Norway’s $1 trillion (£753 billion) sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, said on Wednesday it planned to keep increasing its investments in Britain, and it shrugged off uncertainties about Brexit.

"The fund, built from Norway’s oil and gas revenues and one of the biggest investors in Britain, said 8.5 percent of its portfolio was in British equities, bonds and real estate at the end of 2018. "

"“We see no operational consequences of any possible outcomes,” he said. He said that the fund had almost 250 staff in London and would stay at that level regardless of the outcome of the Brexit talks. "
Will it increase its $1bn investment in the UK faster than inflation?

Why do you want Norway to continue to buy up British companies? This should stop with Brexit.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Now I can rest easy knowing that even after Brexit happens foreign interests will still be here to extract billions in unearned income from our country. Gotta love that sovereignty.
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This shows how Brexit is awful. The Norwegians are taking advantage of the Brexit fire sale of British businesses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.34%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
14.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
9.98%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.3%

Watched Threads