PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Spain to guarantee British residents' rights in event of no-deal

More positive BrExit news

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4080766.html

"Spain has announced it will guarantee British residents' rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

The Spanish government said it would allow British residents to stay if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, giving them until the end of 2020 to apply for permanent residency and making it automatic for many. "

"More than 300,000 British citizens are registered in Spain and an unknown number unregistered, the Spanish government said. The new residency process would apply to about 400,000 people, it estimated."
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Excellent. That presumably means that all those pesky EU immigrants will be permitted to stay in the UK. That is what Brexiteers wanted right?

Project fear = project reality.
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Excellent. That presumably means that all those pesky EU immigrants will be permitted to stay in the UK. That is what Brexiteers wanted right?

What did people think would happen ?

Brits living in the EU are rounded up and shot ? Rounded up and put in concentration camps ?

The EU countries can't even deport illegal immigrants. I doubt they care much about british expats much
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

We have already said we will honour the rights of EU citizens in the UK.

Why are you implying the Brexit voters wanted something else in sarcasm?

Project fear is not a reality at all, there is no reality in either of the rhetorical propaganda of either leave or remain camps. You seem to believe far too much of the remain camps propaganda in my opinion from reading you're posts accross several topics.
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)

Project fear is not a reality at all, there is no reality in either of the rhetorical propaganda of either leave or remain camps. You seem to believe far too much of the remain camps propaganda in my opinion from reading you're posts accross several topics.
It is implied they will all be rounded up and put in concentration camps and their belongings confiscated.

Instead we will protect their "rights".
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"surely Brexit's gonna be a success now guys?? guyss??????"

:rolleyes:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hmmm i think we should put the large deckchairs just below the bridge
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This won't happen.

Mobs of spanish grandmothers will drag you out of your apartment and beat you to death in the street.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
It is implied they will all be rounded up and put in concentration camps and their belongings confiscated.

Instead we will protect their "rights".
Who has said anything of the sort, and what government spokesman has said anything other than we will honour their stay here?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Spain to guarantee British residents' rights in event of no-deal

More positive BrExit news

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4080766.html

"Spain has announced it will guarantee British residents' rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

The Spanish government said it would allow British residents to stay if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, giving them until the end of 2020 to apply for permanent residency and making it automatic for many. "

"More than 300,000 British citizens are registered in Spain and an unknown number unregistered, the Spanish government said. The new residency process would apply to about 400,000 people, it estimated."
Those tossers are ruining our balance of payments and leeching from the UK.

Why do you see this as positive????
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"project fear"

sounds like a batman villain in a video game
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
oh no, this one has got a nasty stain. one of the passengers must have had an accident. let's move it over by the starboard pintle where it is out of view.
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Brexit is saved because an issue that ought to have been settled two years ago as a literal easiest first step has finally happened!
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I believe that at best Brexit willbe costly for all and at worst a disaster. It certainly will benefit no one except hedge fund managers that have bet against the UK.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I believe that at best Brexit willbe costly for all and at worst a disaster. It certainly will benefit no one except hedge fund managers that have bet against the UK.
With the Conservatives running it you are likely to be correct. I'm looking forward to the public seeing the tories without Brussels softening their polices.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
With the Conservatives running it you are likely to be correct. I'm looking forward to the public seeing the tories without Brussels softening their polices.
Like what? Continuing to screw up public services?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Like what? Continuing to screw up public services?
Just the natural policy which they believe in, the corporate freedom, individual responsibility, privateisation, abolishment of services and welfare.

Lovely bunch of people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads