The Student Room Group

Admission in Oxford ?

So I want to apply to Oxford but I don’t know if I should apply for history ba or law jurisprudence? There is more Intake in history but my genuine interest is in law what should I do?
I say law if it's your passion. You could apply for both courses but the only issue is using one PA.
Reply 2
How can I apply for both?
Original post by MusabKhan
I say law if it's your passion. You could apply for both courses but the only issue is using one PA.
Original post by Nnnngggg
How can I apply for both?

You can't. Apply for what you're passionate about, not what you think you'll be more likely to get in for.
Original post by MusabKhan

You cannot apply to more than one course at Oxford or Cambridge, unlike most other universities in the UK.

Original post by Nnnngggg
So I want to apply to Oxford but I don’t know if I should apply for history ba or law jurisprudence? There is more Intake in history but my genuine interest is in law what should I do?

You should apply to the degree you wish to read, not the one you think you'll be accepted on. You should also be applying with the intention of studying a subject rather than studying at a particular university. If you only want to study at Oxford but don't care what subject, then you aren't invested in your subject, which is one of the key things they'll be looking for in your application.

Plenty of people apply with excellent grades to Oxford (or Cambridge), and they're interested in choosing the applicants from those that have the greatest interest and aptitude for that subject (the latter in the context of the tutorial system they use). If you have strong academics, then you should let your interest in your subject lead Oxford to you through your application, not desperately try and pander to them.
Reply 5
Thanks that was helpful
Original post by artful_lounger
You cannot apply to more than one course at Oxford or Cambridge, unlike most other universities in the UK.

You should apply to the degree you wish to read, not the one you think you'll be accepted on. You should also be applying with the intention of studying a subject rather than studying at a particular university. If you only want to study at Oxford but don't care what subject, then you aren't invested in your subject, which is one of the key things they'll be looking for in your application.

Plenty of people apply with excellent grades to Oxford (or Cambridge), and they're interested in choosing the applicants from those that have the greatest interest and aptitude for that subject (the latter in the context of the tutorial system they use). If you have strong academics, then you should let your interest in your subject lead Oxford to you through your application, not desperately try and pander to them.
Original post by artful_lounger

Sorry! That was poor research from me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending