frodo2203
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey all!
So I took my GCSE history exam last year (2018), and I am now a history prefect for my school. I've been given the task of delivering revision sessions for the following units: Warfare Through Time, The Reigns of Richard and John, Russia 1917-41, and Superpower Relations and The Cold War.
However, the year 11s and the history teachers are out on a trip until the day of our first session so I'm not really sure which bits they struggle with.
If you are doing any of these units this year (or did them last year) can you let me know some of the areas you found hardest to understand, or some sections you wished you had been taught better/gone over more, so that I can get an idea as to what sort areas I might need to cover.
Many thanks, have a good weekend.
danaaltajer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey! I do Warfare through Time and the Cold War. I find the Cold War pretty ok, but the question I generally do the worst at is the 'explain the importance of ... for ...'. And the topic area I find the hardest is the last section of the spec- the end of the Cold War (SALT 1 & 2, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc). Whereas Warfare has so much content and is so boring. So maybe if you can find a way to make pikes and the Battle of Falkirk more interesting (that's a very hard task tho). For Warfare the hardest topics for me would be medieval and early modern warfare in general, and comparing different time periods of warfare to each other. I can't really speak for The Reigns of Richard and John and Russia as I don't do them
(Original post by frodo2203)
Hey all!
So I took my GCSE history exam last year (2018), and I am now a history prefect for my school. I've been given the task of delivering revision sessions for the following units: Warfare Through Time, The Reigns of Richard and John, Russia 1917-41, and Superpower Relations and The Cold War.
However, the year 11s and the history teachers are out on a trip until the day of our first session so I'm not really sure which bits they struggle with.
If you are doing any of these units this year (or did them last year) can you let me know some of the areas you found hardest to understand, or some sections you wished you had been taught better/gone over more, so that I can get an idea as to what sort areas I might need to cover.
Many thanks, have a good weekend.
frodo2203
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Thank you very much. Hopefully I can try and make pikes interesting, and a load of my year struggled with SALT 1&2 and Afghanistan, must be quite a confusing topic.
(Original post by danaaltajer)
Hey! I do Warfare through Time and the Cold War. I find the Cold War pretty ok, but the question I generally do the worst at is the 'explain the importance of ... for ...'. And the topic area I find the hardest is the last section of the spec- the end of the Cold War (SALT 1 & 2, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, etc). Whereas Warfare has so much content and is so boring. So maybe if you can find a way to make pikes and the Battle of Falkirk more interesting (that's a very hard task tho). For Warfare the hardest topics for me would be medieval and early modern warfare in general, and comparing different time periods of warfare to each other. I can't really speak for The Reigns of Richard and John and Russia as I don't do them
student4656789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What were the questions in the tensions and cold war paper for 2018?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (47)
36.72%
I really love the subject (32)
25%