The Student Room Group

Contraceptive Pill

So basically I was meant to take the pill yesterday and this would be the last one before my 7 day break. However I lost the pill from the old pack so I’ve taken one from the new pack for yesterday as this is what you’re advised to do. Now I don’t know when to start my 7 day break ?
Hey, whenever something like this happens to be I would take the 7 day break as normal.. you have technically taken your last pill before the break, but it means you will obviously have 1 less pill in the new packet - I would use that packet as a back up and after the break start a fresh one as normal
Hi there

What did you end up doing? Sorry I didn't get round to answering this last week.

The important part is not to leave longer than a 7-day break. You actually don't need to have a break at all but can carry on right through the next pack as you have started it if you like. There's been some new guidance on the combined pill this year. Have a look at our how to take the combined pill section on our website. There are three different recommended ways of taking the combined pill so have a look and see what could work for you.

Have you considered long-acting reversible contraception? We think it's pretty great as you don't need to worry about taking anything properly. Long-acting reversible contraception removes the room for human error and every method is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.

Daisy

Quick Reply

Latest