Giselatipan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have applied for adult nursing at Southampton, City, Kingston, King's college and Surrey university. They have all offered me conditional offers.
Southampton is a dual field (child and adult nursing) in 4 years which is with masters integrated.
I don't know which one I should pick, I currently live in London so I'm hesitant to go to Southampton due to how far it is. Could you please help me? If you can the pros and cons of each university and which one you would go for.
nvm787
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I had that choice, I would go to King's because of its reputation alone. City and Southampton would be my next choice. Since you're planning to do child and adult nursing, I would choose City over Southampton
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In the QS World rankings for Nursing, Kings is ranked as number 2 and Southampton is number 5. None of the other UK universities come anywhere near them.

Southampton would give you the better options with the dual course but obviously you then have to do your placement in Southampton as well....and if you think Southampton is too far then you really need to get out more. Its 1 hour 20 minutes on the train which is nothing.

You need to look at everything. Assuming you have visited both universities, where do you think you would be happiest? Which would be best for your finances? If going to Kings meant you live at home then how would that impact on your studies - would there be too many distractions? Quite a few students I know moved away from home because they knew there would be too many distractions. Some because they wanted to get the full uni experience which you can't living at home.

Nobody can decide for you. You need to look at the bigger picture.
Sonja_f
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm trying to decide between Kings and Kingston for adult nursing, I'm trying to make a decision based on a variety of things but it's hard, have you made a decision yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (129)
29.86%
No (303)
70.14%

Watched Threads