The Student Room Group

Unseen poetry English literaure gsce

Hello I have a mock on Tuesday and I need to know how to approach an unseen poem, I have not done a lot of practice in class as we’ve been focusing on the plays. Could u please help me on how to structure and approach the 24 mark question and the 8 mark question please
Thank you for your time
Reply 1
Original post by Jeanderson14
Hello I have a mock on Tuesday and I need to know how to approach an unseen poem, I have not done a lot of practice in class as we’ve been focusing on the plays. Could u please help me on how to structure and approach the 24 mark question and the 8 mark question please
Thank you for your time

Unseen poetry is just analysing the poem. It’s usually not a poem of great difficulty and is quite straightforward. Don’t worry about it. There are some examples of unseen poetry online if you want to have a look. I know that there are some on the aqa website
Original post by IMD16
Unseen poetry is just analysing the poem. It’s usually not a poem of great difficulty and is quite straightforward. Don’t worry about it. There are some examples of unseen poetry online if you want to have a look. I know that there are some on the aqa website

Thanks!
Q1 - 3/4 petals on first poem
Q2 - 8 paragraphs but in pairs of 2 (one from one poem, one on the other)

like in poem one the write uses a metaphor “qoute” , this could show that ....
Simuraily/on the other hand, in poem two the writer used a similar “qoute” , this could imply....
Do that x4
Original post by Jeanderson14
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest