The Student Room Group

lol someone help me pls

hey y'all, I need some help. Im doing this homework and the question says "A student investigates wether different surfaces effect the bounce of a ball, explain why the results are not exactly the same when she repeats them"

I understand the question but don't really know the answer, help would be appreciated, Thanks a lot xoxox

(p.s please be quick)

hey I'm back again, I rly need your help, if you got an answer, reply hahahah I'm rly stuck and need to get this done xoxoxoxoxxoxooxoxoxox
(edited 5 years ago)
Have you got notes that say anything like this...

All experimental uncertainty is due to either random errors or systematic errors. Random errors are statistical fluctuations (in either direction) in the measured data due to the precision limitations of the measurement device. Random errors usually result from the experimenter's inability to take the same measurement in exactly the same way to get exact the same number. Systematic errors, by contrast, are reproducible inaccuracies that are consistently in the same direction. Systematic errors are often due to a problem which persists throughout the entire experiment.

Note that systematic and random errors refer to problems associated with making measurements. Mistakes made in the calculations or in reading the instrument are not considered in error analysis. It is assumed that the experimenters are careful and competent!

https://www2.southeastern.edu/Academics/Faculty/rallain/plab193/labinfo/Error_Analysis/05_Random_vs_Systematic.html

Which sort of experimental error does it sound like/

Quick Reply

Latest