Having obsessive thoughts about therapist/psychologist Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I had a therapy assessment with a clinical psychologist and I low-key had a crush on him and he had an Australian accent. Now I can't stop thinking about him and it feels obsessive. It is making me feel guilty because I have a boyfriend but I'm spending more time fantasizing about this psychologist . I keep listening to Australian people on YouTube so I can imagine him talking to me.
Why am I so obsessed with him? I'll probably never even see him again because I've been assigned a different therapist. I don't feel comfortable discussing this with my therapist as he is her colleague.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone?
A.shaquile
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok, just maybe talk to your therapist about having obsessive thoughts about someone but don't tell her who.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
frenchbeanuk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hello,

It's not uncommon to experience this kind of attraction to a therapist. Often they are very kind and attentive to us when we are feeling very vulnerable and that's quite an intoxicating experience. It seems to me that you have nothing to feel guilty about and that these feelings will pass with time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads