Is this a good enough research question for my TOK presentation?

Watch
singhshashank456
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing a TOK presentation on The Chinese Social Credit System and linking it to the dystopian world presented in the novel 1984 by George Orwell. The research question that I came up with is: 'To what extent do humans possess free will?' I would really appreciate it if you could tell me if any improvements should be made to this, or if it is good enough, as my TOK teacher was very ambiguous about it.
arnina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I like the real life situations but I know if I told that to my teacher he would tell me it was way too common and not special at all. Your teacher and the moderators want to see something new that (maybe) hasn't been considered so they know this came purely from your mind and you didn't need to draw on a million sources that have written about free will before.

Try to incorporate a WOK into the question like "To what extent does reasoning/emotion/instinct/authority give the illusion of free will?"

https://ibmastery.mykajabi.com/blog/...k-presentation <-- this guy is everyone's holy grail for making the TOK presentation btw. I have seen so many people follow his structure and I recommend it a lot.

This is just my recommendations, it's a great topic to discuss imo but make sure it's something special that will be interesting to hear and not be repeating research that has been made for centuries.
singhshashank456
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by arnina)
Hey, I like the real life situations but I know if I told that to my teacher he would tell me it was way too common and not special at all. Your teacher and the moderators want to see something new that (maybe) hasn't been considered so they know this came purely from your mind and you didn't need to draw on a million sources that have written about free will before.

Try to incorporate a WOK into the question like "To what extent does reasoning/emotion/instinct/authority give the illusion of free will?"

https://ibmastery.mykajabi.com/blog/...k-presentation <-- this guy is everyone's holy grail for making the TOK presentation btw. I have seen so many people follow his structure and I recommend it a lot.

This is just my recommendations, it's a great topic to discuss imo but make sure it's something special that will be interesting to hear and not be repeating research that has been made for centuries.
Thank you so much for the link. It really is helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads