I feel isolated!!!!! Watch

username3540802
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sticking up for yourself is crucial, I learnt this quite quickly especially at school. Recognise what it is the other person is doing, and if they come at you, my advice to you is unleash whatever you have within you onto them- if it takes beating them then so be it. Have you ever considered boxing? This will give you confidence within yourself, it will teach you how to defend yourself and it will allow you to recognise you can handle yourself. Trust me on that one.

I would definitely recommend telling your teacher about how you feel, I didn't for so long and things just got worse. School was a battleground for me daily, I had no self worth and my anxiety was sky high. You need to tell people. Mental health is not a joke, nor should you take it lightly.

There are others out there suffering the same things as you, you are not alone. Set yourself a goal and work towards it. You also haven't explained exactly what it is you are going through, so it is a little hard to give any sort of advice.
#love2learn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PAPYRUS-UK)
Talking to a teacher could certainly be a good place to start. Is there a teacher you have in mind that you could have this conversation with?
Yeah there is. He is my English teacher, vice principle of the school and the one who looks after the yr 11s
#love2learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by JonjoCracken)
Sticking up for yourself is crucial, I learnt this quite quickly especially at school. Recognise what it is the other person is doing, and if they come at you, my advice to you is unleash whatever you have within you onto them- if it takes beating them then so be it. Have you ever considered boxing? This will give you confidence within yourself, it will teach you how to defend yourself and it will allow you to recognise you can handle yourself. Trust me on that one.

I would definitely recommend telling your teacher about how you feel, I didn't for so long and things just got worse. School was a battleground for me daily, I had no self worth and my anxiety was sky high. You need to tell people. Mental health is not a joke, nor should you take it lightly.

There are others out there suffering the same things as you, you are not alone. Set yourself a goal and work towards it. You also haven't explained exactly what it is you are going through, so it is a little hard to give any sort of advice.
Yeah. I feel the same way too. Wherever I go all i see is pain. I will tell my teacher about it tomorrow. Thanks for everything.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philemon4)
Yes you should, I was getting bullied and I was like you, but When I told my parents the bullies got excluded and I was getting so angry and I built confidence once and screamed in the whol eclass and everyone took me serious.
I will.
Philemon4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by #love2learn)
I will.
Good Luck :3
username3540802
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah. I feel the same way too. Wherever I go all i see is pain. I will tell my teacher about it tomorrow. Thanks for everything.
Good for you, today is the first step towards your happiness. You have reached out for help which is a great thing, be proud of yourself and be aware of all your good qualities. In this world, we focus so much on the bad that it seems to outweigh the good. Talk to your teacher, be open and honest like you have been here. Forget about deadlines and all the rest of the pressure on your shoulders, tomorrow is about you and only you.

Do consider boxing, or some sort of self defense sport (MMA, UFC, Karate etc) as exercise is one of the keys to happiness- it releases endorphins much the same as drugs do, or self harm. Both of these I did to cope, though the state of me now I regret doing both. Clean body, clean mind.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
Good Luck :3
Thanks.
I'm sooo scared.
My anxiety will definitely be sky-high.
But i have to tell him one day so it might as well be tomorrow.
In what way do u thing he will help me in?
What if he minds?
#love2learn
Rep:
?
Good for you, today is the first step towards your happiness. You have reached out for help which is a great thing, be proud of yourself and be aware of all your good qualities. In this world, we focus so much on the bad that it seems to outweigh the good. Talk to your teacher, be open and honest like you have been here. Forget about deadlines and all the rest of the pressure on your shoulders, tomorrow is about you and only you.

Do consider boxing, or some sort of self defense sport (MMA, UFC, Karate etc) as exercise is one of the keys to happiness- it releases endorphins much the same as drugs do, or self harm. Both of these I did to cope, though the state of me now I regret doing both. Clean body, clean mind.
But what if my teacher minds?
Philemon4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks.
I'm sooo scared.
What if he minds?
Well, Take as long as it needs for you to build up your confidence thus it will be more effective.
Furthermore, Perhaps when you are speaking to him, give him full eye-contact, and use a good tone of voice and speak clearly and body language( You can practice :3). Also, If your heart skips a beat or you experience any fear at any point you can ask your teacher to be with you during speaking to him.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
Well, Take as long as it needs for you to build up your confidence thus it will be more effective.
Furthermore, Perhaps when you are speaking to him, give him full eye-contact, and use a good tone of voice and speak clearly and body language( You can practice :3). Also, If your heart skips a beat or you experience any fear at any point you can ask your teacher to be with you during speaking to him.
I have talked to him about my problems before it's just that this time i'm going to have to go all out and tell him everything.
What do u mean?
Philemon4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have talked to him about my problems before it's just that this time i'm going to have to go all out and tell him everything.
What do u mean?
Well, Just good Luck and I wish you the best of Luck, do whatever you got to do, just go with your instincts. I have not experienced as worst as you have, but trust me just build up hope and do things that will make you happy and just try to make freinds with your bully even though it is not the easiest thing but that might be the only way to dissolve all your fear.
fakesmile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sheilaaaaahh)
Childline website: https://www.childline.org.uk/
This service is for people up to age 21,you can send them an email using an anonymous account on the website. You can talk to a Councillor on the website or search their many articles on issues that may affect you. The website is 100% anonymous and quite helpful. Alternatively you can call them on 0800 1111
Samaritans phone number is 116123
I think there is a service called Papyrus that you can search up too.
These people are expertly trained to give you help, and they would never judge you.
I hope this helps xx
I think Childline is only for people aged up to 18 years old, hence the word "child". Once you turn 18, they refer you to other services such as the ones you listed
#love2learn
Rep:
?
Well, Just good Luck and I wish you the best of Luck, do whatever you got to do, just go with your instincts. I have not experienced as worst as you have, but trust me just build up hope and do things that will make you happy and just try to make freinds with your bully even though it is not the easiest thing but that might be the only way to dissolve all your fear.
Thanks. I can never make friends with him cuz whenever I see him the whole memories come back, so I can't.
#love2learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by fakesmile)
I think Childline is only for people aged up to 18 years old, hence the word "child". Once you turn 18, they refer you to other services such as the ones you listed
Thanks.
PAPYRUS-UK
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks.
I'm sooo scared.
What if he minds?
It is really great you are thinking about talking with a teacher - it sounds like you have a good relationship with them. This doesn't mean it isn't a scary thing to do and maybe preparing a little about what you want to say might really help those nerves - write some things down, the things that are really making life painful for you. It will help you to organise your thoughts a little better and find your voice. If you feel suicidal it is important to try to share that too and perhaps a good way he can help is to contact HOPELINEUK 0800 068 4141 and advisors can give some ideas about how best to support you.

Do you think this is do-able?

Daisy
Suicide Prevention Advisor
HOPELINEUK
PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide
username3540802
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know what you are going to tell him, I can't say how he will respond but just know that he is trained in safeguarding- teachers have to follow specific guidelines and if they feel you are at risk, they are allowed to breach confidence. This also depends on your age of course. If you would like, feel free to private message me. It is hard for me to give an opinion on this one, as I don't know what you will be saying to him. But just remember that even if you feel you can't talk to your teacher, there are services out there for you to talk- anonymously as well.

People think that Samaritans is just for suicidal people, they are not! They offer you counselling and help over the phone, for anyone with mental health problems, no matter what it is.
But what if my teacher minds?
fakesmile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, please talk to someone you trust - whether this is a parent, sibling, extended family member, friend etc.
Also, if you are 18 or under you can contact Childline, here's the link https://www.childline.org.uk/get-sup...unsellor-chat/
Their phone number 0800 1111

If you're between 18 years old - 25 years old, contact the Mix https://www.themix.org.uk/
their phone number 0808 808 4994

Samaritans' UK / ROI phone number 116 123
other ways to contact them is via email, visiting a local branch or writing a letter to them, more details here https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...ou/contact-us#

Do you go to uni? If so, please consider getting in contact with a university councellor, Nightline, or even talking to your tutor or academic mentor. Universities have mental health support teams and services for students, they should be able to help you in this situation.

If you are having suicidal thoughts or any thoughts of self-harming, please contact Samaritans 116 123.

I hope things get better, but if they don't, if you want to talk, please PM me ❤️
#love2learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by PAPYRUS-UK)
It is really great you are thinking about talking with a teacher - it sounds like you have a good relationship with them. This doesn't mean it isn't a scary thing to do and maybe preparing a little about what you want to say might really help those nerves - write some things down, the things that are really making life painful for you. It will help you to organise your thoughts a little better and find your voice. If you feel suicidal it is important to try to share that too and perhaps a good way he can help is to contact HOPELINEUK 0800 068 4141 and advisors can give some ideas about how best to support you.

Do you think this is do-able?

Daisy
HOPELINEUK
It is only if he doesn't tell my parents about this. They won't understand do there is no point in telling them. Do you think if i tell him to not tell my parents about it will he not?
#love2learn
Rep:
?
I don't know what you are going to tell him, I can't say how he will respond but just know that he is trained in safeguarding- teachers have to follow specific guidelines and if they feel you are at risk, they are allowed to breach confidence. This also depends on your age of course. If you would like, feel free to private message me. It is hard for me to give an opinion on this one, as I don't know what you will be saying to him. But just remember that even if you feel you can't talk to your teacher, there are services out there for you to talk- anonymously as well.

People think that Samaritans is just for suicidal people, they are not! They offer you counselling and help over the phone, for anyone with mental health problems, no matter what it is.
Thanks.
I just hope he doesn't mind
PAPYRUS-UK
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is only if he doesn't tell my parents about this. They won't understand do there is no point in telling them. Do you think if i tell him to not tell my parents about it will he not?
This is a really great question, we completely appreciate how it might impact on you if your parents knew how you felt - what makes you think they wouldn't understand?

It is hard for anyone in this forum to answer this directly because all schools are governed by different policies and procedures around what information they share and who they share it with. It is something you would have to try and find out from the school directly about confidentiality.

Daisy
HOPELINEUK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed