Students: Motivation is fake, you need to be disciplined!

Watch
Leia studies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What's your view on motivation just been garbage... The real thing you need to be is disciplined.

You need to form habits around which you have to follow to ensure you stay on track and get work done!

Motivation lasts a few mins or hours and then you're back to ground zero again and worn out, sad and worried.

What do you all think... Calling all students!
username4515112
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
motivation gets you going, discipline, commitment, strong habits is what gets things done
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably true. Motivation comes and goes.
12aissid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why not both? Action cultivates motivation and motivation cultivates action.
niceusername
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say you need motivation to be disciplined. For example, you need motivation to sit down and write a plan for what you are going to do the next day and you definitely need motivation to actually get up in the morning and do it. But without discipline, motivation alone is not sufficient.
Sadruz Zaman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Leia studies)
What's your view on motivation just been garbage... The real thing you need to be is disciplined.

You need to form habits around which you have to follow to ensure you stay on track and get work done!

Motivation lasts a few mins or hours and then you're back to ground zero again and worn out, sad and worried.

What do you all think... Calling all students!
Your perspective on motivation is rather interesting. I do think you need a better understanding on motivation itself. )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.94%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
11.06%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.08%

Watched Threads