The Student Room Group

my boyfriend’s parents hate me! help!!!!!

so I’ve been with my boyfriend for about 2 months now and everything has been going great. however, recently something happened that has me utterly mortified.
we usually send videos to each other on snapchat (just talking about our day and stuff) but we also flirt this way to - almost like we’re on the phone to each other. i was home alone and absolutely buzzing about coming off of my period. we were flirting through video and i sent him a video of me saying ‘finally off my period! thank god! can’t wait to see you so we can have some fun!’
*just to clarify we’ve never had sex, i was talking about messing around together (he knows this)*
he messages me back, he’s now in the car with his mum AND HIS NAN - THEY HEARD EVERYTHING I SAID.
I thought he was alone in his room when I sent him the video. so his mum sat him down about a day later and said that she doesn’t trust us being alone together anymore. I can’t go round to his house without someone else being there. his mum is furious at me! I’m terrified of ever seeing her or HIS NAN ever again!

I told my mum and she thought the whole thing was ridiculous because I’m legally allowed to have sex (even though I don’t want to yet) and it’s not like we sit there in silence when I see him???? we could’ve done it loads by now which is hilarious to me lmao.
plus he’s not allowed to stay over at mine again. which sucks because my mum is totally cool with it.

WHAT DO I DO TO REDEEM MYSELF?? I feel like he’s gonna end it with me because of this :/
it's understandable they're gonna be paranoid, esp since you've only been dating for 2 months so 1) accept the fact they're going to be monitoring you, you have to give them time to cool off and trust you
2) talk to THEM more in casual conversation- at the dinner table, get to know them a bit. Get them to like you.

Regardless of whether they're his parents or not, they're people. And so, do what you'd do with colleagues, with classmates or with strangers to get them to like you.

Whatever you do, don't be awkward because then they'll think you've got something to be ashamed of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending