dauwood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Could anyone please tell me what topics came up in the 2018 AQA GCSE chemistry paper
dauwood
Rep:
?
2018 GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 topics, please???
Littlemeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
have you done the paper? If so could you inform me the topics please?
(Original post by dauwood)
2018 GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 topics, please???
dauwood
Rep:
?
Not yet, sorry
(Original post by Littlemeo)
have you done the paper? If so could you inform me the topics please?
Littlemeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
okay please pm when you do x
Not yet, sorry
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sodium thiosulfate practical (6) harbour process (catalysts and the products needed and what conditions r needed and tenperature rises ) (9 for the section) LCA - give u information (6) thermosetting polymers (2) colours for metal ions in flames, Sulfste ion test, spectroscopy !! (8) only a bit on organic chemistry (carboxylic acid configuration) (2) oxygen increase and carbon dioxide decrease (6) all I can remember , Hope this helped
dauwood
Rep:
?
Omg yesssss thank uuuuu
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Npp! Just for preference , first question is yellow for sodium and second question is copper/barium I didn’t know which one for the second on - it said a green coloured metal ion and copper is green/blue so was confused but went with copper as a safe option. Good luck! If you know all that you will do fine, only science paper to worry about is physics, I found it horrible. Biology was pretty good tbh.
dauwood
Rep:
?
do you think you could help me out with the 2018 physics paper 2 higher I'm doing it on Friday
salimyasin10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
2nd question is copper, had that for my mocks

(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
Npp! Just for preference , first question is yellow for sodium and second question is copper/barium I didn’t know which one for the second on - it said a green coloured metal ion and copper is green/blue so was confused but went with copper as a safe option. Good luck! If you know all that you will do fine, only science paper to worry about is physics, I found it horrible. Biology was pretty good tbh.
dauwood
Rep:
?
on private messages?
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A 6 marker on comparing the use of two types of polymer, the rate of reaction practical with sodium thiosulphate, flame emission spectroscopy spectra, and water treatment
Anxa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
Sodium thiosulfate practical (6) harbour process (catalysts and the products needed and what conditions r needed and tenperature rises ) (9 for the section) LCA - give u information (6) thermosetting polymers (2) colours for metal ions in flames, Sulfste ion test, spectroscopy !! (8) only a bit on organic chemistry (carboxylic acid configuration) (2) oxygen increase and carbon dioxide decrease (6) all I can remember , Hope this helped
hi is this for triple science (chemistry) or combined higher chemistry?
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suck at physics but as I rmeneber: orbital motion, that required practical with the light transmitter and the car thing, should get 15 planets for a 5 marker equation, you need to know all equations off by heart( csn probebly pass just by knowing them all and getting them all right ) , transformers , seismeter , how seismic waves helped find out about the earths core , Newton’s third law , notjinh about electromagnetic spectrum, first 2 pages r about energy transfers in a velocity time graph(second answer is up)with a 4 marker about transfers from a ball when bouncing, wave equation, elsstkc potential, vector diagram parallelogram, refraction and incidence and reflection and then last questions r about wave fronts being at a slanted angle and a straight lines angle vertically. That’s all I can remember, it was a hard test I ahem to say
dauwood
Rep:
?
triple
Littlemeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jackgcsehelp)
sodium thiosulfate practical (6) harbour process (catalysts and the products needed and what conditions r needed and tenperature rises ) (9 for the section) lca - give u information (6) thermosetting polymers (2) colours for metal ions in flames, sulfste ion test, spectroscopy !! (8) only a bit on organic chemistry (carboxylic acid configuration) (2) oxygen increase and carbon dioxide decrease (6) all i can remember , hope this helped
you are the best.
dauwood
Rep:
?
thanks for the physics tooooo
Anxa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh ok thanks
triple
dauwood
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
A 6 marker on comparing the use of two types of polymer, the rate of reaction practical with sodium thiosulphate, flame emission spectroscopy spectra, and water treatment
are you sure about the water treatment?
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t rmemeber waste treatment... however I do recall now that there is in the physics paper an6 marker on the practical for spring extensions and on the chemistry paper a 4 marker on a tangent on rate of reaction
are you sure about the water treatment?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads