Edexcel A-level Further Pure 1 - 13th June 2019 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Lemur14
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Edexcel A level Further Pure 1
Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:
Date: 13th June
AM/PM:PM
Length:1h30
Specification:https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf

Other Resources:
Formula Booklet: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...mulae_Book.pdf
Sample Assessment Materials: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...atics-sams.pdf
Maths Study Group (including many resources): https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5747896
How to revise for the new specification: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...maths-new-spec
Maths Exam Thread Directory: To be added

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Summary of content mapping:

Spoiler:
Show
  • Vectors - FP3 [volumes/direction cosines were somewhat underrepresented in the old specification. These can be found in AQA FP4]
  • Parabolas and rectangular hyperbolas - FP1
  • Ellipses and hyperbolas - FP3
  • Inequalities - FP2
  • T-formulae - ?
  • Use of series expansions to find limits - AQA FP3
  • Leibnitz Theorem - ?
  • L'Hopital's rule - MEI P6
  • Weierstrass substitution - OCR FP2
  • Numerical methods for DEs - Edexcel P6/legacy FP3
  • Simpson's rule - MEI Numerical Methods, though I'm not sure if the questions are suitable.
  • Reducible ODEs - FP2

As you might have seen on the other thread, I'm making question packs for Core Pure, FP1 and FS1, particularly new content. I'm putting all of them here. Always willing to expand any of these, so feedback is welcome as always.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lol unpopular

taking it BTW
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thank you you are a star
(Original post by _gcx)

Spoiler:
Show
  • Vectors - FP3 [volumes/direction cosines were somewhat underrepresented in the old specification. These can be found in AQA FP4]
  • Inequalities - FP2
  • T-formulae - ?
  • Leibnitz Theorem - ?
  • Simpson's rule - MEI Numerical Methods, though I'm not sure if the questions are suitable.
  • Reducible ODEs - FP2

As you might have seen on the other thread, I'm making question packs for Core Pure, FP1 and FS1, particularly new content. I'm putting all of them here. Always willing to expand any of these, so feedback is welcome as always.
maruchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for all of these! You are a life saver! Is it possible for you to do Further Mechanics 1 if you study it?
(Original post by _gcx)

Spoiler:
Show
  • Inequalities - FP2
  • T-formulae - ?
  • Leibnitz Theorem - ?
  • Reducible ODEs - FP2

_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bigmansouf)
thank you you are a star
no problem

(Original post by maruchan)
Thank you so much for all of these! You are a life saver! Is it possible for you to do Further Mechanics 1 if you study it?
I don't study it but I could still compile questions for you lot. Drawback is that I'd be selecting purely based on examiner reports. Feel free to say if you want any of the existing packs expanded or want a solution to any question in particular.
maruchan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much you don't know helpful that would be. I am using all your questions as I am self studying both units. Honestly thank you so much! I am so happy there are some FP1 questions out there! Just waiting on Leibnitz's theorem but I know how busy you must be so thank you!
(Original post by _gcx)
no problem

I don't study it but I could still compile questions for you lot. Drawback is that I'd be selecting purely based on examiner reports. Feel free to say if you want any of the existing packs expanded or want a solution to any question in particular.
_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by maruchan)
Thank you so much you don't know helpful that would be. I am using all your questions as I am self studying both units. Honestly thank you so much! I am so happy there are some FP1 questions out there! Just waiting on Leibnitz's theorem but I know how busy you must be so thank you!
I thought I put it on there but it turns out I forgot to hit save. I couldn't find any A-level questions on Leibniz's Theorem (to be fair, it is a very random theorem to include) so they're all made from scratch. Some are inspired by textbook questions so should hopefully be reasonable.
maruchan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much and I agree the spec is really weird!
(Original post by _gcx)
I thought I put it on there but it turns out I forgot to hit save. I couldn't find any A-level questions on Leibniz's Theorem (to be fair, it is a very random theorem to include) so they're all made from scratch. Some are inspired by textbook questions so should hopefully be reasonable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (399)
26.15%
The paper was reasonable (659)
43.18%
Not feeling great about that exam (302)
19.79%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
10.88%

Watched Threads