The Student Room Group

Security guards literally stalked me and my friend

Hi I went town with my friend yesterday and we kept getting followed buy security every time we went Into the shopping centre.

I was wearing my grey Slazenger tracksuit and my black converse style trainers which I admit arnt in the best condition my Friend was also wearing a tracksuit but his family are richer so he has a Nike one.

When we eventually asked if we’re being followed because it was scaring us they said they were keeping tabs on us because of the way we were dressed and most teen shoplifters are dressed like us.

Why assume something thogh just because the way we’re dressed ?? 😔
I guess you were behaving suspiciously.
If it’s a true story you were being profiled.
If you feel it was unjustified then go complain to the security office
Reply 2
We weren’t doing anything wrong it’s the first time I’ve gone town without parents aswell 😔.
Original post by Sammylou40
I guess you were behaving suspiciously.
If it’s a true story you were being profiled.
If you feel it was unjustified then go complain to the security office
Original post by Riley2006
We weren’t doing anything wrong it’s the first time I’ve gone town without parents aswell 😔.

You don’t need to have done anything wrong. I’m sure you didn’t. Tell your parents what happened. They might want to speak to the centre to complain
However, I’d suggest that you carry on going. If you’re not doing anything wrong there’s nothing to worry about. If it happens regularly then something should be said but it’s probably a one off
Reply 4
Older sister said it’s probavly because we both looked really scruffy she could be right 😔
Older sister said it’s probavly because we both looked really scruffy she could be right 😔

You said they told you that was why.
You’re entitled to dress as you please as long as it isn’t offensive.
Unfortunately, sometimes that means you will be judged on how you look.
Either carry on being you or conform but if you’re not doing anything wrong you don’t need to worry
Reply 7
I do admit my converse are a bit well worn but my tracksuit is newish it’s only a cheap one thogh.

Why do people always judge just because of what your wearing ??
I do admit my converse are a bit well worn but my tracksuit is newish it’s only a cheap one thogh.

They shouldn’t but they do. And always have. Just like tattoos and piercings. Don’t worry about it

Because of patterns. Wouldn't you be more suspicious of a guy in a hoodie and balaclava than a guy in a suit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending