The Student Room Group

Moving In

I have just signed and a paid a contract with Bed Rentals, a student housing agency, for a 2 bedroom house with my best friend.

Next year she will be moving out of it as she can't realistically afford the rent.

My other friend, my boyfriend and I plan on moving into this house together. My friend will be a student but my boyfriend won't be.

Do you reckon it is possible for my friend to take up the occupancy of the room not in use and my boyfriend to split or pay towards the house? He will obviously share my room but will this be possible on a student contract?
Original post by Ch103ann3
I have just signed and a paid a contract with Bed Rentals, a student housing agency, for a 2 bedroom house with my best friend.

Next year she will be moving out of it as she can't realistically afford the rent.

My other friend, my boyfriend and I plan on moving into this house together. My friend will be a student but my boyfriend won't be.

Do you reckon it is possible for my friend to take up the occupancy of the room not in use and my boyfriend to split or pay towards the house? He will obviously share my room but will this be possible on a student contract?

that's going to be an issue council tax wise, as he'll have to pay 75% of it assuming your council does single person discounts.
Reply 2
Would it be easier moving into a 3 bed house? He pay tax on his room but just share with me do you reckon?
Original post by claireestelle
that's going to be an issue council tax wise, as he'll have to pay 75% of it assuming your council does single person discounts.
Original post by Ch103ann3
Would it be easier moving into a 3 bed house? He pay tax on his room but just share with me do you reckon?

council tax is on whole properties value rather than being to do with the rooms, its likely to be cheaper on a 2 bed property, the agency would just need to be okay on him being there and him being responsible for the council tax.

Quick Reply

Latest