?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is the difference between GCSE and A-level and is it hard?thanks
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lemur14 please could you move this to DT?

You have a coursework section which usually counts for about 40%. You work on a project for the whole year at A2 and this is usually a project of your own choosing so for instance i did a guinea pig carrier. Alongside the actual product you create you have to do a 40 page ish portfolio of idea generation > modelling > testing > manufacturing > summary and conclusion.
Throughout the year you will also have design theory lessons every other week or so (depends how your school does it). In these lessons you will learn the manufacturing processes of different products, product safety regulations, material strengths and weaknesses etc. This information you will need to know for the theory exam at the end of the year which is now 2 papers for AQA and contains design theory and some maths content.
Make sure you spend time on revising for the paper as people get too hung up over the coursework and forget that the paper/s is around 60% of the marks

Hope that helps feel free to ask any questions
molllllllllyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is this for AQA?

(Original post by CoolCavy)
Lemur14 please could you move this to DT?

You have a coursework section which usually counts for about 40%. You work on a project for the whole year at A2 and this is usually a project of your own choosing so for instance i did a guinea pig carrier. Alongside the actual product you create you have to do a 40 page ish portfolio of idea generation > modelling > testing > manufacturing > summary and conclusion.
Throughout the year you will also have design theory lessons every other week or so (depends how your school does it). In these lessons you will learn the manufacturing processes of different products, product safety regulations, material strengths and weaknesses etc. This information you will need to know for the theory exam at the end of the year which is now 2 papers for AQA and contains design theory and some maths content.
Make sure you spend time on revising for the paper as people get too hung up over the coursework and forget that the paper/s is around 60% of the marks

Hope that helps feel free to ask any questions
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by molllllllllyy)
is this for AQA?
Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads