Sussex or City Cass University ? Help please !!

Watch
sasyara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hello, I received an offer from both Sussex and city university and now I need to submit my firm choice but I am very lost and confused.

when I went to visit city uni, I loved it. it was really modern, the people were so nice, the students were amazing actually, so friendly. the common area was always full, everybody were playing, having lunch and chilling. I really loved the vibe the uni gave. I also loved the sports area: AMAZING. the accommodation: the best !! really very modern LOVED IT.
BUT the problem is the things around uni: NOTHING. very sad around campus, so many industrial life...

the thing is that I am someone that loves city life. I like to shop, party, have lots of friends, be in many communities, do lots of sports, watch movies, theatres, go and have lunch outside, walk between people and the nightlife for me is very important.

and, when i went to Sussex, it was a bit far from London... but still not that far.
the campus was nice, very uni life really. but it was not as modern as city uni and also the vibe I got was not good actually, I felt like the students that go there are not nice, I felt the bullying vibe. and I also read many bad reviews about the life there such as: bad wifi, student support very bad, no life around and in campus, no parties on campus, no games night on campus, people don't sociable and the dorms are terrible.
And it is true when I went to visit the dorms, OMG I never saw such bad rooms really, but east slope was not bad actually.

and now I am very confused, i don't want to regret my choice. I want to live the 100% uni life, which I think I will have at Sussex but i don't think at the same time that i will fit in, be comfortable, and have lots of fun and ofc study... while i think that i will be more comfortable at la city because of the good vibe and people, but also i don't know if i am really going to like it, cz there is nothing outside campus.

So if is someone could please help me make my choice? thank you!
Exceptional
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, reading that it sounds like you've already made your choice
sasyara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hahaha, I know that city uni might seem like my top option, but I am actually very confused. because what if I was wrong about Sussex from the beginning. I mean I need someone that has been at Sussex uni and studied there and tell me if actually, it is like I thought it would be or not at all and same thing about city uni
(Original post by Exceptional)
Well, reading that it sounds like you've already made your choice
jsjs20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It seems like you've made up your mind, and that you feel more positive about City, so that may be the best choice for you.

I'm at Sussex and honestly the things you've mentioned about it couldn't be further from the truth! Its a very friendly and welcoming place with a great night life - Brighton is brilliant for that. The buildings are certainly ugly and old fashioned though and I would only recommend Northfield or East Slope for accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
27.87%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.02%
No I am happy with my choice (68)
55.74%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.38%

Watched Threads