Sheffield or Kent?? PLS HELP Watch

pizzamalia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello I am having a hard time deciding which one to choose between Kent and Sheffield for Law with French Law
This is for my insurance option and they both have the same entry requirements
Kent is waay higher in the Complete Uni Guide for Law 2019 however Sheffield is lower BUT in the Russel Group
I have visited both and really loved both of them so IDK it's really frustrating
If you've got any advice or have been to any of the two or literally anything please please leave a reply THANK YOU!!!
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If it's your insurance, flip a coin.

These sorts of posts in the law forum are increasingly tending towards 'I can't decide between LJMU and Man Met please help!!?!'. I miss the days when we had hundred-post threads on LSE v UCL or KCL v Durham.
pizzamalia
Rep:
?
And if it hadn't been my insurance but my firm?

My post is quite similar to LSE v UCL or KCL v Durham in the sense that the two unis I'm struggling to choose between are at around the same level between each other, just like the four above, hence why I was asking for help and advice

(Original post by JohanGRK)
If it's your insurance, flip a coin.

These sorts of posts in the law forum are increasingly tending towards 'I can't decide between LJMU and Man Met please help!!?!'. I miss the days when we had hundred-post threads on LSE v UCL or KCL v Durham.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Have you looked at how the courses are assessed? I am sure Kent do a bunch of rando doss assignments, like making posters and writing case summaries. Sheffield might be more traditional, or it might not.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
pizza, stop duplicating threads please! (Or else I'm gonna have to give u a pizza my mind. Sorry, I had to).

Ignore the RG status and rankings. Two are relatively equal and choosing one over the other won't make a significant difference. My best advice is to compare the modules offered at the two unis and speak to the current students. Have a look at the exam structure, contact hours etc...
Last edited by Lady Jamie; 3 months ago
pizzamalia
Rep:
?
will stop no worries, keep working on your pizza jokes tho!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely have a look at all that. Cheers!
(Original post by Lady Jamie)
pizza, stop duplicating threads please! (Or else I'm gonna have to give u a pizza my mind. Sorry, I had to).

Ignore the RG status and rankings. Two are relatively equal and choosing one over the other won't make a significant difference. My best advice is to compare the modules offered at the two unis and speak to the current students. Have a look at the exam structure, contact hours etc...
Nikkix2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What’s your firm if you don’t mind me asking?

Honestly don’t think there’s much between the two and if it’s your insurance, just go for the one you prefer and strive to reach your firm
pizzamalia
Rep:
?
My firm is Leeds and hopefully I won't even have to worry about insurance and get into Leeds
Thank you for your help !
(Original post by Nikkix2000)
What’s your firm if you don’t mind me asking?

Honestly don’t think there’s much between the two and if it’s your insurance, just go for the one you prefer and strive to reach your firm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?