Your six LEAST favourite U.K. politicians Watch

FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Excellent! So what did you mean by the Lib Dem’s are not liberal enough for you?
Didn't like that homophobic muppet called Tim Farron-put me right off the party.And even if they were aligned with my views-voting for them is a waste of my vote-they'll never win.
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
I would like Corbyn pick the best people for roles and not his ex girlfriend and I'd like MPs to reputsent the wishes of their constituents rather than peddling what they want. Regarding this its not a snipe at Labour mate, they are all doing it just in my case it's labour
Who are your favourite Labour politicians-who would be best for the job in your opinion?What would you want labour to change and do?
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Agree with a large part of you're list apart from Philip Davies- for his sexist views. I can think of many reasons to dislike Philip Davies but from what I have heard of him he is speaking out for equality and us against the oppression of men for the benifits of women. What's wrong with wanting equally for both sexes? It makes me giggle how modern so called feminists victimise women and vilify men for gender purpose, its not a man's fault he's born a man. I don't understand why speaking at conferences for mens rights is abhorrent to you?

Why is it not OK to be treated fairly if you are male?
The problem is that just about everyone who uses the label 'men's rights activist' is misogynistic. No one's denying there are issues that affect men more than women but these MRAs never seem to do any actual campaigning & their whole movement basically revolves around complaining about women/ feminism.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
For someone who doesn't believe in private members bills he sure as hell creates a lot of his own. I'm afraid that reasoning doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

MP Chris Chope accused of "abusing the system" after he joins with fellow Tory to put 73 bills before parliament
Not so. If you read your article you will see that he puts down these bills to prevent others being discussed while not actually trying to pass his own. It's just a tactic like philibustering.

Personally i do support private members bills so don't agree with his methods however i do believe he gets a very bad rep for it when actually what he is doing can be quite justified if you are of the belief that government should legislate.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alesha1991)
The problem is that just about everyone who uses the label 'men's rights activist' is misogynistic. No one's denying there are issues that affect men more than women but these MRAs never seem to do any actual campaigning & their whole movement basically revolves around complaining about women/ feminism.
The problem is that definitions of such terms are subjective and different groups grab them. I myself advocate what has been termed misogynist policy despite the fact that the proposals themselves (in areas of say divorce and abortion) simply allow equality under the law.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alesha1991)
Third Wave feminism is damaging to equality so being critical of that is a good thing.

Many womens shows even on national television basically revolves around complaining about men, two wrongs don't make a right I agree with you there but people like Philip stating facts like men have no places of refugee in domestic violence, they have little right to remove their children from a domestic violence household and the law punishes men more than women for like for like crimes is not misogynistic.

Equality needs to move on now, women on the world stage are still largely oppressed I agree with that 100% but women in the UK certainly arnt, on the contrary they are privileged. There is nothing a man can do a woman can't but the are several things a woman can do in the UK a man can't.

Unfortunately two wrongs don't make a right
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Not so. If you read your article you will see that he puts down these bills to prevent others being discussed while not actually trying to pass his own. It's just a tactic like philibustering.

Personally i do support private members bills so don't agree with his methods however i do believe he gets a very bad rep for it when actually what he is doing can be quite justified if you are of the belief that government should legislate.
I did read it, isn't philibustering just a political way of saying 'fking up the process for others and wasting peoples time'? hence him being accused of abusing it?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I did read it, isn't philibustering just a political way of saying 'fking up the process for others and wasting peoples time'? hence him being accused of abusing it?
Well yeah, but that's because his fundamental objection is to process.

These things are used by larger parties too. In 2012 the coalition passed the second reading of the House Of Lords Reform Act but because Labour did not really support the reforms at that time, they opted not to back a timing amendment which meant that the bill would be filibustered out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads