The Student Room Group

Best online cloud storage service?

Hey all,

What online storage service would you recommend.

I know there are loads...Dropbox, Google drive, One Drive, I cloud drive but what do you think is the best and most reliable.

I don't need a huge amulet of storage and it will be mainly used for strong essays/ lectures notes...basically word documents.

I heard One Drive is good as you get MS office with it but I already have MS office downloaded on my computer which I bought a couple of years ago so there would be no point paying for Office when I already have it.

I use a MacBook Pro and an iPhone XS max .
Reply 1
Hey which one do you recommend and rate as the best?
Reply 2
Ahh thank you. I think I am going to go with Dropbox and iCloud Drive since I have a Mac. I will test them out.

Don't you have to pay monthly for one drive or does it come free with your MS subscription?
You've already got 5Gb free on icloud - this should be plenty for Word files etc. Perhaps not if you're storing photos and video files though.
Original post by xxvine
Hey all,

I know there are loads...Dropbox, Google drive, One Drive, I cloud drive but what do you think is the best and most reliable.

I don't need a huge amulet of storage and it will be mainly used for strong essays/ lectures notes...basically word documents.

I heard One Drive is good as you get MS office with it but I already have MS office downloaded on my computer which I bought a couple of years ago so there would be no point paying for Office when I already have it.

If you've set your Mac up properly it backs up your documents to iCloud automatically, which you can access on your iPhone or any other machine via the website iCloud.com. Other cloud services aren't any better or worse as far as I can tell, but iCloud is the easiest if you have Apple devices as it's all automatic.
Original post by xxvine
Hey all,

There all basically the same.

Personally I use owncloud but thats because i dont want others accessing my files

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending