nabilahhh
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone ever done neuropsychology in university and how did you find it? Is it interesting?
bethanyfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
We did some neuropsychology modules on our psychology course and they were really interesting. The scope of topics you can cover is big, the only thing I would say is that it is very biology heavy. If biology is a subject you're interested/comfortable with then that's a big advantage (and also a bit of chemistry)
nabilahhh
Rep:
(Original post by bethanyfish)
Hi,
We did some neuropsychology modules on our psychology course and they were really interesting. The scope of topics you can cover is big, the only thing I would say is that it is very biology heavy. If biology is a subject you're interested/comfortable with then that's a big advantage (and also a bit of chemistry)
Thank you for your reply, I’m planning on doing it in my third year of university. Although, I’m interested in biology a lot, I’m not really good at. Was it hard?
bethanyfish
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi, it was a bit tricky, I think the most difficult part was just remembering the names of all the different brain areas/technical terms. Actual biology-wise, I thought it was hard, but also quite straight forward, like it was more a case of just going over and learning it rather than it being difficult to understand.
(Original post by nabilahhh)
Thank you for your reply, I’m planning on doing it in my third year of university. Although, I’m interested in biology a lot, I’m not really good at. Was it hard?
nabilahhh
Rep:
Hi, it was a bit tricky, I think the most difficult part was just remembering the names of all the different brain areas/technical terms. Actual biology-wise, I thought it was hard, but also quite straight forward, like it was more a case of just going over and learning it rather than it being difficult to understand.
Did you have to learn the parts and function if most of the brain?
bethanyfish
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yes we learnt the main lobes, and what they do. We also learnt a bit more about specific areas - I'm presuming this will depend on what your course will cover. For example, we did a lot about memory, so learnt about the temporal lobe in more detail and what certain areas there do.
nabilahhh
Rep:
Yes we learnt the main lobes, and what they do. We also learnt a bit more about specific areas - I'm presuming this will depend on what your course will cover. For example, we did a lot about memory, so learnt about the temporal lobe in more detail and what certain areas there do.
Ooo, guess I’m gonna have to try harder in year 3 haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (80)
66.67%
In the post (5)
4.17%
Text (16)
13.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (19)
15.83%

Watched Threads