Sadiq Khan criticised for taking holiday in middle of knife crime crisis Watch

Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yankeedog1953)
Point?
The US has more violent crime and long sentences... It clearly doesn't work.
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Each state is free to address it's crime problem as it see's fit. As a result there are lots of strategies and methods of dealing with crime and offenders that can be looked at to see if any useful data can be gleaned from them. So many that it would be not to look at them.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As for longer sentences not working in the US.

My reply would be the same the many used after Obamas economic stimulous package failed to produce anything meaningful, " Just think what it would be like if we had'nt done it".

If nothing else, longer sentences keep the perpetrator off the street longer hench you have a safer street.
Not the best long term solution, granted, but it does an immediate positive effect.
As others have said here, the solution to the problem, the ROOT, solution is not going to come from making knives or guns for that matter, harder to get. There are simply too many. People have to learn all over again,( it seems we did know it not that long ago ), that it is not ok to run around stabbing or shooting your fellow countrymen or anyone for no good reason.
That fact that this increase in violent crime seems to be loosely confined to the younger generation it is my guess that the older generation failed to impart in them that basic truth. I think some video games that glorify the killing of kinnocent people may have a negative effect on some youth but it looks to me like a lot of ypung men simply don't empathise with people of any age.
I would like to hear what others think. of this.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (130)
18.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.22%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.72%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.42%

Watched Threads