AQA psychology aggression!!!! Watch

The_NightClaire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can someone... ANYONE explain computer game theory to me. I literally cannot find any resources on it and I am CONFUSED.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Ghoulfriend
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
ahh I'm in the same boat ! The best thing I've got at the minute is to link it to frustration and desensitisation etc,

For studies ;

Bushman and Huesmann (2006) - Meta analysis, small but sig effecr sizes for exposure to media violence on agg behaviours, thoughts, feelings and arousal levels.

Gentile and Stone (2005) ST increases in lvls of physiological arousal, hostile feelings, and aggressive behvaiour after violent game play.

Anderson et al (2007) high exposure to violent video games made children more verbally and physically agg and less prosocial.

Adachi and Willoughby attribute LT effects to competition rather than actual violence.

EVAL -
- Only small/medium effect sizes and few measure aggression against another person bc ethics. Internal val. Ferguson and Kilburn (2009) when this is used as a measure the relationship is close to 0.

- Mostly American, Culture bias. May alter due to diff media/ cultural histories

- Ind differences. Ferguson et al (1009) meta analysis. Effect of violent media diminished when trait agg, family vio, and mental health is considered.

- Przybylski et al (2014) suggest agg to linked to failure and frustration in a game - both vio and non vio.

GOOD LUCK !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.8%
No I am happy with my course choice (547)
59.46%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.24%

Watched Threads