Is Car Drifting Popular in UK? Watch

Domasn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm planning to get a 330ci BMW whilst in uni, but wanted to know if people are still in to drifting? The state of the local roads makes me think otherwise
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Happens on some car parks up here but nowhere near as often as it did ten years ago.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Police have cracked down on car meets pretty heavily.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Check out Drift Inc on Facebook. They have drift track days at Pembrey Circuit roughly once a month I think. Seems pretty well attended.
SeanLaurentParis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's still a following for track drifting but spinning your car in a tescos car park isn't as popular.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Domasn)
I'm planning to get a 330ci BMW whilst in uni, but wanted to know if people are still in to drifting? The state of the local roads makes me think otherwise
See that's my assumption, Tokyo Drift would have ended differently when they skidded into a pothole the size of a dog and barrel rolled into a crowd before they got dragged out the car and stabbed as terrorists. :rolleyes:
JJB103
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, as an avid fan of the car community, i can assure you that a lot of people are. There are several meets dedicated to just drifting. I would recommend meets like South Sitting or Drift Inc. personally

(Original post by Domasn)
Revolver72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's some tracks dedicated to Drifting in the UK. I've found myself quite enjoying Driftland, up here in Scotland.

I do assume you're talking about doing it on a track, and not on the road. I witnessed an accident, not too long ago, where an absolute moron in a clapped out E46 3 series decided to stick his back-end out on a roundabout, and crashed into the side of another car carrying kids.

Doesn't matter how good they are, doing it on a road is reckless and selfish, because other drivers aren't anticipating it so cause an unnecessary risk.
Domasn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Revolver72)
There's some tracks dedicated to Drifting in the UK. I've found myself quite enjoying Driftland, up here in Scotland.

I do assume you're talking about doing it on a track, and not on the road. I witnessed an accident, not too long ago, where an absolute moron in a clapped out E46 3 series decided to stick his back-end out on a roundabout, and crashed into the side of another car carrying kids.

Doesn't matter how good they are, doing it on a road is reckless and selfish, because other drivers aren't anticipating it so cause an unnecessary risk.
Yeah I'm not talking about doing it the streets just about like car meets and stuff maybe a few skids in the car park not much more
nevershear
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes but finding tracks to do them on is hard to come across, and police sit at most meets now and they won't hesitate to hand out 3 points on the spot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads