taking a place at middlesex Watch

Fran Lea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My son has a great offer at middlesex on a great course - filmmaking. He has a couple of reservations about taking it though and I am trying to reassure him. the reservations are: he is from london and wanted to leave london but it is the best course and the best offer - he has reservations about living in wembley - he doesn't like the area- and he thinks the older accomodation on campus doesnt look as nice. He has heard the social life isn't as good at middlesex as at other unis. He has only had one look at the course and he would like to look round the accomodation and campus again and talk to someone on the filmmaking course. Thanks.Frances Lea
Middlesex University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Fran Lea,

Thanks for your message, pass on our congratulations to your son on his offer to study Film at Middlesex!

We have lots of other students who live in and around London too and there will be a diverse community of students from around the world for him to connect with when he gets here.

Middlesex University is based in Hendon a short tube ride from the buzz of central London (approx. 25mins). Hendon is a residential area but there is everything that you need, from supermarkets to pubs to convenience stores to restaurants and Brent Cross shopping centre is only 10 mins away (by bus).

The best thing about our one campus university is that everything is in walking distance, from lecture halls to sports facilities, societies gatherings, parties and socials, but if you want to go in central London and go to a museum, attend a concert or try a new restaurant, you can get there in no time. Why not take a virtual tour for a guide to the campus and university https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/virtual-tour

Or as an offer holder, he can book into our Experience day on Saturday 16th March. It will be a great way to find out more about his course, meet his future lecturers and classmates as well as the chance to explore the course facilities. You can book in for this here: www.mdx.ac.uk/book-now. We hope to see him there!

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions let me know.

Maddie

(Original post by Fran Lea)
My son has a great offer at middlesex on a great course - filmmaking. He has a couple of reservations about taking it though and I am trying to reassure him. the reservations are: he is from london and wanted to leave london but it is the best course and the best offer - he has reservations about living in wembley - he doesn't like the area- and he thinks the older accomodation on campus doesnt look as nice. He has heard the social life isn't as good at middlesex as at other unis. He has only had one look at the course and he would like to look round the accomodation and campus again and talk to someone on the filmmaking course. Thanks.Frances Lea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads