Anyone studying medicine in uni or anyone that’s a doctor, help? Watch

Basically Tisha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So all I wanna know is, what gcse subjects did you take to get into medicine? Thank u so much!
meddad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Basically Tisha)
So all I wanna know is, what gcse subjects did you take to get into medicine? Thank u so much!
GCSE requirements for medicine vary by Uni. Minimum requirements often require 5 x Gcses, although to get an interview quite a few score you on your best 8 gcse grades. You are usually expected to have maths, English language, chemistry, biology, and some Uni's also expect physics.
junior.doctor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There are lots of threads that you can search within the forum that detail previous applicants' statistics with regards to GCSE subjects and grades, amongst other things.

There is no winning formula of subjects that will be better than others. You obviously need to have the basic English, maths and science (either double or triple science). Beyond that, different universities might specify a minimum number of GCSEs / expected minimum grades. But you should simply choose subjects that you enjoy and think you will achieve good grades in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?