PaulinaCloudia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Basically, in year 9 we had to choose 4 options, and I chose business as one of them. And then everyone persuaded me that it was bad, boring & useless. So I chose religious studies instead. I’m half way through year 10 and I’ve come to the conclusion that every single job I would like to do requires a business gcse. I really regret not choosing business and It’s too late to start it now because they’ve learnt half the things
Human_bean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, don’t worry about it - you can still do business at A-level or uni without having studied it at GCSE.
(I took History and Geography at GCSE and still studied Business as an additional subject at A-level).
Last edited by Human_bean; 7 months ago
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not doing a GCSE in business wil not limit your career choice - a lot of schools don’t even offer GCSE business. Take it at A level and you will be absolutely fine.
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What jobs require business gcse? Most jobs dont even ask for it at A Level
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
That is exactly what I was thinking, I now study geography, history, photography and religious studies. Was it hard to adjust to the new subject?
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
Okay thankyou, much appreciated
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
Not doing a GCSE in business wil not limit your career choice - a lot of schools don’t even offer GCSE business. Take it at A level and you will be absolutely fine.
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
@
(Original post by PaulinaCloudia)
That is exactly what I was thinking, I now study geography, history, photography and religious studies. Was it hard to adjust to the new subject?
BlueEyedGirl_
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
Human_bean
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
every single job I would like to do requires a business gcse
This is just wrong lmao
Human_bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, in all honesty, no.
I found business to be the easiest subject I studied at A-level. You learn everything from scratch so you don’t need to worry about adjusting to it.
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
Okay thanks, but did your school do gcse business or not? Because if they didn’t then maybe that’s why it started from scratch
(Original post by Human_bean)
Hey, in all honesty, no.
I found business to be the easiest subject I studied at A-level. You learn everything from scratch so you don’t need to worry about adjusting to it.
Human_bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Okay thanks, but did your school do gcse business or not? Because if they didn’t then maybe that’s why it started from scratch
Np.
Yes they did. If you really want a head start just get a book and do some background reading in the summer before you start A level Business.
PaulinaCloudia
Rep:
?
Okay, and last question, how did you find a-level business useful?
(Original post by Human_bean)
Np.
Yes they did. If you really want a head start just get a book and do some background reading in the summer before you start A level Business.
Pr0cra5tinat0r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anyone else just about to do their business gcse tomorrow?🤙🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads