Anxiety/depression Watch

kennethfox2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone else suffering from anxiety or depression?
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kennethfox2018)
Anyone else suffering from anxiety or depression?
That's a bit vague ... in general? If so yes, the former could be particularly a problem for me, especially exam anxiety as I don't particularly enjoy doing exams and it really affects me when I feel unprepared and/or there's a nasty question in there that completely throws me off. Atm I'm doing mocks and it's been going alright so far except economics - currently struggling in that subject and need to make rapid progress. Currently have internal support from skl via SENCO who are keeping an eye on me and others having similar issues and I've just had a letter confirming access arrangements for exams - basically separate room and rest breaks. Nothing special but should help mitigate my exam anxiety. The later can be a problem for me sometimes but not always. Hope you're doing well btw.
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, however it has been better than it has been in the past

If you have a specific query the mental health forum on this site is usually a good place for Q's:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=659

However, be aware nobody here is qualified to give you professional advice on the matter(s) - it's only a commoner's personal interpretation, which could or could not be useful to you
kennethfox2018
Rep:
?
Thanks for the comments guys. Anxiety just hit me really hard today thankfully though it wasn't from exams or anything more just a social interaction I had with a classmate. Didn't make me feel particularity good about myself and it just contributed to my anxiety.
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the comments guys. Anxiety just hit me really hard today thankfully though it wasn't from exams or anything more just a social interaction I had with a classmate. Didn't make me feel particularity good about myself and it just contributed to my anxiety.
No worries. Hopefully you can apologise to your classmate if the interaction caused them any harm but I'm sure you didn't mean it. They should understand.
kennethfox2018
Rep:
?
It actually wasn't anything I said or did it was more just the way It felt like I was a burden on them by the way they reacted. I know I didn't make that clear in the post just it kinda of irked me the way they acted like I wasn't there.
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
No worries. Hopefully you can apologise to your classmate if the interaction caused them any harm but I'm sure you didn't mean it. They should understand.
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It actually wasn't anything I said or did it was more just the way It felt like I was a burden on them by the way they reacted. I know I didn't make that clear in the post just it kinda of irked me the way they acted like I wasn't there.
I wouldn't worry too much about that but if you're concerned you could have a word with your classmate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed