IBS caused by Anxiety Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have any tips for controlling IBS caused by my anxiety? I get the feeling to go to the toilet all the time when I leave the house. Any ways to help?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Skycloud
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
???
yzanne
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone have any tips for controlling IBS caused by my anxiety? I get the feeling to go to the toilet all the time when I leave the house. Any ways to help?
Sorry I'm not too sure I can help you as I don't know too much about Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Do you wear pads? That way you could pee into them, and simply go to public toilets knowing there's no pee stain / marks and change it.

Additonally, if your feeling anxious / paranoid, tie your jacket around your waist so no one can see if you needed to go to the toilet.
CrazyKieth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I also suffer from IBS casued by anxiety. Are you currently in school? Peppermint oil tablets have been helpful for me, they help to regulate bowel movements.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CrazyKieth)
I also suffer from IBS casued by anxiety. Are you currently in school? Peppermint oil tablets have been helpful for me, they help to regulate bowel movements.
Yeah I’m in school
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I have the exact same problem and my symptoms are also caused by anxiety and stress, I have Stress induced IBS. I have really bad gas and I have to hold it in because I'm scared of knocking everyone out lol! I also have cramps and bloating. I went to the doctor today and she prescribed buscopan (for cramps) and peppermint oil capsules for flatulence. Although its only been a few hours, it seems to be helping
Yeah I’m in school
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Also I don't know if it's just me but isn't the school environment the worst for IBS?! It's a nightmare holding in farts and trying to tell if you farted or not. People are so judgemental which doesn't help and you're so paranoid and in so much pain
Yeah I’m in school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads