AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June 2019 Watch

Poll: How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?
Loved the paper - Feeling positive (335)
30.62%
The paper was reasonable (509)
46.53%
Not feeling great about that exam... (134)
12.25%
It was TERRIBLE (116)
10.6%
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:
  • 7405 Paper 3 2h 19 June 2019 am
:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...05-SP-2015.PDF
Spoiler:
Show

Paper 3
What's assessed
Any content
Any practical skills

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...ment-resources

:goodluck:

Erica1210
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know how to revise for this paper. Do I just focus on the practical techniques or do I focus on content
matlad1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Erica1210)
I don’t know how to revise for this paper. Do I just focus on the practical techniques or do I focus on content
hi paper 3 focuses on topics throughout the whole course and emphasis practical skills, you will be given 5 questions at the beginning , most likely three on practical skills and one or two on anything across the spec, your teachers may have given you a book called Practical Chemistry by Nora Henry endorsed by holder education, if not I highly recommend you buy it off amazon. You must learn all the practical skills as they will ask this, furthermore there is a section of multi choice at the end that comprise of everything. How to revise? ---> go through paper 3 past papers and read through all the practical sections in your book, make sure you understand WHY steps are neccessary and safety.
HoneyTMT
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can you just use the chemrevise practical guide?
(Original post by matlad1)
hi paper 3 focuses on topics throughout the whole course and emphasis practical skills, you will be given 5 questions at the beginning , most likely three on practical skills and one or two on anything across the spec, your teachers may have given you a book called Practical Chemistry by Nora Henry endorsed by holder education, if not I highly recommend you buy it off amazon. You must learn all the practical skills as they will ask this, furthermore there is a section of multi choice at the end that comprise of everything. How to revise? ---> go through paper 3 past papers and read through all the practical sections in your book, make sure you understand WHY steps are neccessary and safety.
GoldenShade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd say they cover everything
(Original post by HoneyTMT)
Can you just use the chemrevise practical guide?
GoldenShade
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The focus is heavily practical but you must know content, especially for the multiple choice at the end. Also, with AQA changing the format for this years paper 2 -- I would just revise everything
Charley T
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The following work for me:
1. Go through your own practicals & really visualise what you did, including data analysis
3. Think about why and how. E.g. how do anti-bumping granules stop bumping? Why do you even want to stop bumping?
4. Watch videos of practicals on YouTube.
5. Draw diagrams of equipment set-up & plot some graphs
6. Print off a stack of multiple choice questions. Do as many as possible. Most exam boards have multiple choice sections so lots of questions out there.

EAzadmiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do you mean changing ?
(Original post by GoldenShade)
The focus is heavily practical but you must know content, especially for the multiple choice at the end. Also, with AQA changing the format for this years paper 2 -- I would just revise everything
GoldenShade
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not officially 'changing' but the style of questions seemed completely different for paper 2 with mechanism completions and an excess of skeletal formulas
(Original post by EAzadmiah)
what do you mean changing ?
jnolan679
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else hoping this paper goes really well because the last two papers have been horrible for me, hoping for a big Kc question and lower grade boundaries felt much harder last years papers, also anyone got any topics that havent come up on paper 1 or 2 that have a really good chance of coming up on paper 3?
walter.white
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Electrochemistry did not come up on paper 1 so I'm guessing there will be a question on that
(Original post by jnolan679)
Anyone else hoping this paper goes really well because the last two papers have been horrible for me, hoping for a big Kc question and lower grade boundaries felt much harder last years papers, also anyone got any topics that havent come up on paper 1 or 2 that have a really good chance of coming up on paper 3?
walter.white
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a screen shot from Tailored Tutors. It is a layout of what topics have been on paper 3 in the past
Attached files
sb.123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same. If I don't do incredibly well on this paper, and the grade boundaries aren't really low, I know I'm not getting an A.
(Original post by jnolan679)
GoldenShade
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Predictions?
Erica1210
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg thank you so much. This helps a lot x
(Original post by Charley T)
The following work for me:
1. Go through your own practicals & really visualise what you did, including data analysis
3. Think about why and how. E.g. how do anti-bumping granules stop bumping? Why do you even want to stop bumping?
4. Watch videos of practicals on YouTube.
5. Draw diagrams of equipment set-up & plot some graphs
6. Print off a stack of multiple choice questions. Do as many as possible. Most exam boards have multiple choice sections so lots of questions out there.
Kpnuts2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I can see the grade boundaries being lower.
Kpnuts2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess around 190 for an A maybe who knows tbf
(Original post by Kpnuts2000)
Yeah I can see the grade boundaries being lower.
U.Fuzz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm using videos on Physics on maths tutor. pretty good way as visualising is best way to remember practical
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, im scared to death for chemistry paper 3. I've never been good at practical stuff and its stressing me out so much. I pray that we get good easy practicals this time round. but I know aqa is going to make it hard as usual
Jiiny
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  2018 paper.PNG
Views: 85
Size:  62.6 KB
Last years paper 2 questions were much nicer compared to the ones we got this year :/ Hoping for low grade boundaries. At least with last years paper 2, I could actually confidentially answer the first page of questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby