The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 1 (Inorganic & Physical Chem) - 04th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

You do a paper in test conditions, find atleast 5 mistakes before you mark it, then repeat the paper 24 hours later till you get 95%. Does that make sense?
Original post by gigi77774
whAT IS THE TT METHOD
Original post by Chez 01
anyone here part of the TT discord server

me
Reply 42
Revising chemistry, learn the content well using the spec, and revision guides. You then go through these practice papers http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/a-level-assessment-points-and-practice-papers.html, obvs not all of them. You then do 2018 papers, and boom easy A/A*. For most these stupid explain questions, I suggest you learn the mark scheme, no point losing 1 mark to a question you understand, but cannot word properly. Math questions just require practice, and yeah.
Original post by Chez 01
here is the TT method:

The TT Method
1. Do a past paper in (timed) exam conditions.
2. Mark your paper and find the top three questions / topics cost you the most marks.
3. Re-learn and/or revise these three topics by completing one Action Hour per topic e.g. practising topic based past paper questions, until you feel more confident about them.
4. Repeat the same past paper as before, again in test conditions, then keep repeating steps (1) to (3) until you get at least 1 grade above the grade you want

Is there a point in spending 75% of a good 4 hours doing and redoing questions you're already good at?

Just Mark the paper, note which questions you sucked at, do the corrections and then do other questions from that topic
Original post by Trapmoneybenny
Is there a point in spending 75% of a good 4 hours doing and redoing questions you're already good at?

Just Mark the paper, note which questions you sucked at, do the corrections and then do other questions from that topic

Personally, I've not tried the TT yet myself seen as there are a few topics i'm wanting to brush up on before i attempt another practice paper.
however the other people who are part of the TT community seem to be finding this method helpful.
i would say that its not exactly redoing questions that you are good at because if you was pleased with the grade you are getting in your practice papers then you wouldn't really redo the paper, would you?
The TT method was put into place so that you can improve a grade by doing better on the questions you were not good at previously.
Original post by 200000
do you have a filled out version of this? Because it's lowkey good. its okay if u don't x

the live video is on the TT youtube channel where rich goes through that pdf file and fills it in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3B4GIcAcM0&t=3401s

i hope this helps

ps. there is also a similar pdf for bio and maths created by TT and a live video where they go though preditcion for maths and chem too. if you or anyone take them subjects and would like them pdfs , i can get them for u
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by deathnote123
Hmm I hope not. I just know that in the practical 11 you’ve gotta know about its colour in aqueous solution, NaOH, Na2CO3 etc.......
Oh and I definitely know cobalt is not in the spec anymore

Yeah, AQA state that both cobalt and chromium chemistry was old specification; colours and equations are not required knowledge for the new specification.
yes please
Original post by Chez 01
the live video is on the TT youtube channel where rich goes through that pdf file and fills it in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3B4GIcAcM0&t=3401s

i hope this helps

ps. there is also a similar pdf for bio and maths created by TT and a live video where they go though preditcion for maths and chem too. if you or anyone take them subjects and would like them pdfs , i can get them for u
Reply 48
i can confirm trapmoneybenny is talking out his arse

Original post by Trapmoneybenny
You understand that they often go beyond the spec right?

I mean cobalt and chromium aren't in your book for nothing. Titanium and nickel its just their catalytic activity you need to know
Reply 51
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question and i'm not sure if I'm phrasing this correctly, but does changing the concentration of the reactants or products change the equilibrium position in KP? Like I know it changes for KC but is it the same for KP?
Reply 52
Original post by Jiiny
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question and i'm not sure if I'm phrasing this correctly, but does changing the concentration of the reactants or products change the equilibrium position in KP? Like I know it changes for KC but is it the same for KP?

All I know is that the only thing that changes Kc, and Kp is temperature. I got no clue why, done some research on it, and I was even more confused.
Reply 53
hey guys, Ik this is an inorganic thread but who has tips on how to remember the conditions and reagents for mechanisms
Original post by Ashtan
hey guys, Ik this is an inorganic thread but who has tips on how to remember the conditions and reagents for mechanisms

the only tip is to practice dude. There's no magic formula, the more questions you do on them the better you'll get
Original post by Jiiny

No. Equilibrium resets back to its original position for both Kc and Kp, Only temperature affects the value of the (K)onstant
Tips on revising and memorising/remembering all the Inorganic equations?
has anyone repeated old spec papers ?
Any topic predictions ?
Original post by pigeontree27
has anyone repeated old spec papers ?

yes, i think old spec papers are good for practice.
the questions are quite similar to the ones we get asked in the new spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending